REFLECTOR:787SB

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 16 May 2004 21:37:43 EDT


-------------------------------1084757863
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Mary,
Thanks for the kind words.

The metallic in the paint was extremely fine and was not an issue. I have 
Multiple antennas in the skin with no I'll effect.  The advice you got was good 
for another reason. I will never do a pearl essence again do to the fact it is 
VERY hard to fix on an airplane such as ours. No natural break lines.  To fix 
the paint you have to repaint large areas.  It took four months to do the 
paint job we did.  Don't get me wrong it is beautiful.  But repairs are going to 
be expensive. The whit was a 4 step process, primer, 2 coats color, 2 coats 
pearl and 2 coats of clear. Not to mention I have not buffed it out yet.  If you 
do decide to go forward, pick a standard paint color. Example the Acura, 
Cadilac or something like that.  That way you can get the paint code and any good 
shop can mix it up for you.  The gold bottom on my plane is the paint code of 
my MDX.  This allows me to use the same touch up for both and I have.
Good luck with yours

-------------------------------1084757863
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUS-ASCII http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; cha=
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f">
<DIV>Mary,</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks for the kind words.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The metallic in the paint was extremely fine and&nbsp;was not an issue.=
 I have Multiple antennas in the skin with no I'll effect.&nbsp; The advice=20=
you got was good for another reason. I will never do a pearl essence again d=
o to the fact it is VERY hard to fix on an airplane such as ours. No natural=
 break lines.&nbsp; To fix the paint you have to repaint large areas.&nbsp;=20=
It took four months to do the paint job we did.&nbsp; Don't get me wrong it=20=
is beautiful.&nbsp; But repairs are going to be expensive.&nbsp;The whit was=
 a 4 step process,&nbsp;primer, 2 coats color, 2 coats pearl and 2 coats of=20=
clear. Not to mention I have not buffed it out yet.&nbsp; If you do decide t=
o go forward, pick a standard paint color. Example the Acura, Cadilac or som=
ething like that.&nbsp; That way you can get the paint code and any good sho=
p can mix it up for you.&nbsp; The gold bottom on my plane is the paint code=
 of my MDX.&nbsp; This allows me to use the same touch up for both and I hav=
e.</DIV>
<DIV>Good luck with yours</DIV></BODY></HTML>

-------------------------------1084757863--