REFLECTOR:More glare shield

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:59:13 -0500


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C40D3C.A19C7240
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

It was some of the foam that came with the Velocity kit.  I call it =
divinycell but it may not be.  Its the foam that came with the kit. I =
glued it to the bottom of the glare shield with micro and covered it =
with one layer of fine bid.

Ronnie
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Nolan Frederick=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 8:27 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:More glare shield


  Ronnie,  Did you get your 3/8" Divinycell foam from ACS? =20
  nolan.

    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: Ronnie Brown=20
    To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
    Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 11:57 AM
    Subject: Fw: REFLECTOR:More glare shield


    I painted mine with a black "hammered" look spray from Lowe's =
(similar to the "crinkle finish" you might be more familiar with).

    Turned out nice, low glare and it is cleanable with a damp cloth.

    I also used some 3/8' divinycel foam to double up the glare shield - =
on the bottom side of the glare shield.  I cut a groove in this bottom =
layer for the panel to fit into.  This stiffened the panel nicely.  =
There are three screws at the top edge of the panel that goes into =
angles on the underside of the glareshield to keep the glare shield =
attached.  All nice and stiff and up to someone pulling on it.

    Ronnie Brown
      ----- Original Message -----=20
      From: Dean May=20
      To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
      Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 12:44 PM
      Subject: REFLECTOR:glare shield


      What are people doing with the glare shield.  I'm at the point =
where I need to do something with it, but haven't yet decided.  Are you =
painting it or upolstering it?  I am also thinking of covering it with a =
felt material.  Any suggestions or pictures?
      Thanks

      Dean May
      STGRG

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C40D3C.A19C7240
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It was some of the foam that came&nbsp;with the=20
Velocity&nbsp;kit.&nbsp; I call it divinycell but it may not be.&nbsp; =
Its the=20
foam that came with the kit. I glued it to the bottom of the glare =
shield with=20
micro and covered it with one layer of fine bid.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ronnie</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dnvincent@idcomm.com =
href=3D"mailto:nvincent@idcomm.com">Nolan=20
  Frederick</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, March 18, 2004 =
8:27=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:More =
glare=20
  shield</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ronnie,&nbsp; Did you get your 3/8" =
Divinycell=20
  foam from ACS?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>nolan.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
    <A title=3Dromott@adelphia.net =
href=3D"mailto:romott@adelphia.net">Ronnie=20
    Brown</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
    href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, March 17, =
2004 11:57=20
    AM</DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Fw: REFLECTOR:More =
glare=20
    shield</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I painted mine with a black "hammered" look =
spray from=20
    Lowe's (similar to the "crinkle finish" you might be more familiar=20
    with).</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Turned out nice, low glare and it is cleanable =
with a damp=20
    cloth.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I also used some 3/8' divinycel foam to double =
up the=20
    glare shield - on the bottom side of the glare shield.&nbsp; I cut a =
groove=20
    in this bottom layer for the panel to fit&nbsp;into.&nbsp;&nbsp;This =

    stiffened the panel nicely.&nbsp; There are three screws at the top =
edge of=20
    the panel that goes&nbsp;into angles on the underside of the =
glareshield to=20
    keep the glare shield attached.&nbsp; All nice and stiff and up to =
someone=20
    pulling on it.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ronnie Brown</FONT></DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- =
</DIV>
      <DIV=20
      style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
      <A title=3Ddeanmay6@owc.net href=3D"mailto:deanmay6@owc.net">Dean =
May</A>=20
      </DIV>
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
      href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, March 17, =
2004 12:44=20
      PM</DIV>
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:glare =
shield</DIV>
      <DIV><BR></DIV>
      <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What are people doing with the =
glare=20
      shield.&nbsp; I'm at the point where I need to do something with =
it, but=20
      haven't yet decided.&nbsp; Are you painting it or upolstering =
it?&nbsp; I=20
      am also thinking of covering it with a felt material.&nbsp; Any=20
      suggestions or pictures?</FONT></DIV>
      <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
      <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dean May</FONT></DIV>
      <DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>STGRG</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY>=
</HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C40D3C.A19C7240--