REFLECTOR:AILERON CONTROL FORCE

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:35:59 -0700


Mine move very freely, I have the factory cables.

When I bought the plane they were fairly stiff, after re-rigging with 
Brendan they were smooth and easy to move.  Both of the ends(behind the 
seat) and in the engine compartment were not aligned well.

Scott

At 10:22 AM 3/10/2004, you wrote:
>ubject: REFLECTOR:AILERON CONTROL FORCE
>
>Am I the only one experiencing this?  When I installed my wings and 
>airlerons, along with the associated control cables ... I could not 
>believe the force it took to move them!
>
>My system moved very freely with the original cables.  When I changed over 
>to the current heavier-duty high-temp cables, it took about 1 - 1 1/4 lbs 
>of side force on the stick to make them move; pretty much all drag in the 
>cables.  I was concerned, but Scott B assured me that this was fine, and 
>that they would loosen up.  I think they move a bit more freely now after 
>being in there a few months and played with now and then (and I haven't 
>flown yet).
>
>Al
>


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin