REFLECTOR:AILERON CONTROL FORCE

Al Gietzen reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:22:07 -0800


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C40681.28DB1210
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

ubject: REFLECTOR:AILERON CONTROL FORCE

 

Am I the only one experiencing this?  When I installed my wings and
airlerons, along with the associated control cables ... I could not
believe the force it took to move them!

 

My system moved very freely with the original cables.  When I changed
over to the current heavier-duty high-temp cables, it took about 1 - 1
1/4 lbs of side force on the stick to make them move; pretty much all
drag in the cables.  I was concerned, but Scott B assured me that this
was fine, and that they would loosen up.  I think they move a bit more
freely now after being in there a few months and played with now and
then (and I haven't flown yet).

 

Al

 


------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C40681.28DB1210
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">


<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">

<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:Verdana;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Nimrod;
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 1 2 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:Nimrod;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 62.3pt 1.0in 62.3pt;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>

</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>ubject:
REFLECTOR:AILERON CONTROL FORCE</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Am
I the only one experiencing this?&nbsp; When I installed my wings and
airlerons, along with the associated control cables ... I could not =
believe the
force it took to move them!</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>My system moved very freely with the original
cables.&nbsp; When I changed over to the current heavier-duty high-temp =
cables,
it took about 1 - 1 1/4 lbs of side force on the stick to make them =
move;
pretty much all drag in the cables. &nbsp;I was concerned, but Scott B =
assured
me that this was fine, and that they would loosen up.&nbsp; I think they =
move a
bit more freely now after being in there a few months and played with =
now and
then (and I haven&#8217;t flown yet).</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:black'>&nbsp;</span><=
/font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:black'>Al</span></fon=
t></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack face=3DNimrod><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:black'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C40681.28DB1210--