REFLECTOR:Firewall penetrations

KeithHallsten reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:01:50 -0800


John,
Actually, I'm considering running the oil lines up the keel and insulating
them.  That keeps the heat out of the ducts entirely.  This wouldn't be very
feasible in an RG, but it may work for me.  I haven't yet found insulation
with a sufficiently high temperature rating, though.  Anyone have a line on
that item?
Keith

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "John Dibble" <aminetech@bluefrog.com>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Firewall penetrations (was Control Cables)


> Keith,
> I've noticed that the duct gets warm from the oil lines and adds unwanted
heat to the
> cabin in the summer.  I'm considering ventilating mine.  You might want to
consider
> that before closing the oil line duct up.
> John
>
> KeithHallsten wrote:
>
> >  so I'm leaning toward minimizing the number of various types of
> > lines that use that route, then closing the duct openings up as
completely
> > as possible.
> > Keith