REFLECTOR:Firewall penetrations (was Control Cables)

Pat Shea reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 11:43:03 -0800 (PST)


Keith,

Have you found a source for the fire putty? Thanks for
the EPM-AV source - their 1" pass-through fitting is
just what I needed. 

Pat

--- KeithHallsten <KeithHallsten@quiknet.com> wrote:
> I'm just starting on running the cables, tubes and
> hoses, so I'm not yet
> sure how much stuff I will have coming out of the
> ducts.  Since I'm building
> a fixed-gear XL, I have the option of running quite
> a bit of stuff down the
> keel - some of it will then go through the firewall
> instead of out the duct
> openings.  My vague intent is to wrap the wires and
> tubes with cut-up pieces
> of firesleeve at duct openings, then fill the
> remaining spaces with fire
> putty (or some such material) and cover it with SS
> sheet.  It's also
> possible that I may end up using one of the larger
> pass-through fittings
> from EPM-AV Corp mounted to the SS sheet covering
> the duct openings.  We
> will see how this works out in practice!
> 
> Keith Hallsten



__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search - Find what you’re looking for faster
http://search.yahoo.com