REFLECTOR: Performance Challenge

JP211 at comcast.net JP211 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 21:53:21 CDT 2004


LOL,
You Aussie are great....
I will get clearance from my pod-ners.... Doers, to see whenst I can come visit with hardware in hand,... literally.
I would hope it would be no later than Sept. 1.  yes, this year.
If anyone wants to contact me I'm at :

JP Brooks
2831 NW Walden Drive
Camas, WA 98607
360-833-8686

I will confer with Doug and Diane soon to see what is possible.  (he said bodly... and with conviction)  I wish all of you knew Doug and Diane as well as me......
(Anyone need an oil well in Nigeria?)....;-)


> Careful Kurt ...this could just be one of those Nigerian scams looking for
> your address and phone # !!  (...and JP; we all know Kurt is currently in
> good bodily condition & spirit if you're  gonna send somebody out lookin for
> him!)    ;^)
> 
> ...but seriously....please go for it!  I and most aviation aspirers would
> just love for such a trial/contest (pity yours isn't ready for the
> comparison!) involving a DH at high elevation....and why not document with
> video, photos and some stats for some magazine follow on if it all works
> out?
> 
> Just love JP Brooks's "can do" attitude. (JP - you gonna do this upright or
> inverted?*)
> 
> Greg in Sydney.
> 
>  (*- ref: the powerplant*)
> 
> 
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "J.P. Brooks" <jp211 at comcast.net>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 11:55 AM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Engine Selection
> 
> 
> > At 06:38 PM 6/16/2004, you wrote:
> > >JP,
> > >
> > >To be very honest,    If you had flown the DH out to my airport... and
> > >could actually get off the Ground safely in the middle of summer... fully
> > >loaded... I would have put down my money on it!  Since that was not an
> > >option when i had to pick an engine... I did the next best thing:  I
> built
> > >a 325 HP Aluminum V-6 that weighs the same as an IO-360 complete. I had
> > >fewer obstacles to go through than you folks did.. and I admire your
> > >conviction, determination, and knowledge.
> >
> >
> > I admire anyone who works toward your ends....  great work and great
> > effort.  Someone will be there someday.... we have seen great results from
> > our efforts.  My hat is off to you and your team if one is there with
> > you.  Stay the course.  Your engine is to be admired and your efforts
> > commended.
> >
> > >
> > >While I still do not believe your product would carry a 173 FGE out of my
> > >airport safely, I do believe it is a worthwhile consideration for the
> > >majority of V-builders. All you have to do is convince them.. and I
> > >believe that you just might.
> >
> >
> > If we fly out to you and fly full gross weight what would you say the T/O
> > roll would be?....  just curious.
> > Would an eye witness account of this help to enlighten those who
> doubt?....
> > sure it would.   First I am able I will appear on a hot day, full gross
> > (your choice of weight, sand and all) let you measure the T/O roll and let
> > you publish the results.......   fair enough?..... okay then... I welcome
> > the opportunity.
> >
> > >
> > >Again... not all products fit all builders... but you are doing an
> > >admirable job.... Keep up the good work.
> >
> >
> > You are making your own way and again, keep going.  My prayers are with
> you.
> >
> > >
> > >Kurt Winker
> > >E-98
> >
> >
> > JP,
> > Where do you live and phone number?
> >
> > >_______________________________________________
> > >To change your email address, visit
> > >http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> > >
> > >Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > >user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > >Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > >Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list