REFLECTOR:N32XL

reflector at tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue Jun 8 17:37:59 CDT 2004


--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_3738_1086712679_0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

The cuffs you speak of are the ones around the hinge points?  I am not sure what you mean. The only cuffs on the canard are the covers I have on the outer hinge points. 
I have been flying the canards for over 1400 hrs now and have never had this kind of problem with landing.  The Cozy IV is as sensitive to land as any and I can handle it just fine. It has a longer canard and longer ailerons, not the normal.  Very sensitive and like that.  Nothing like the Velocity. 
Dave





--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_3738_1086712679_0
Content-Type: message/rfc822

From:    "Ronnie Brown" <romott@adelphia.net>
To:    <reflector@tvbf.org>
Subject:    Re: REFLECTOR:N32XL
Date:    Tue, 8 Jun 2004 12:42:47 +0000
Content-Type: Multipart/alternative;
 boundary="NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_3738_1086712679_1"

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_3738_1086712679_1
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Welcome aboard Dave!

If the elevator cuffs are still installed, I recommend you remove them.  =
This will improve the slow speed lift of the canard/elevator and allow =
easier/smoother let down of the nose after landing. =20

What is your touch down speed?  I haven't found my Velocity that hard to =
land - 173 Elite - same wings as yours with VG's and no elevator cuff.  =
No worse than the Bonanza A36 that I used for complex training.  Only =
difference is you put the Velocity on the runway without stalling the =
wings. And of course, it uses a longer runway than the Bonanza, but =
otherwise no problem. =20

=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Dave Dent=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2004 6:16 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR:N32XL


  Dear Brian

  My name is Dave Dent.  My story was in the last Velocity Views.  I =
bought Leon Howe's XL/RG from Australia.  I have been flying it for =
awhile now and I would like to start participating with those that have =
been flying these beautiful birds for some time. =20
  I have encountered a number of problems I have worked through and now =
have encountered the bad landing characteristic problems. I called John =
and Mary Wright last night and had a wonderful time talking to them. =
They suggested that I write you and see if I could join the Reflector.
  =20
  My back ground is 45 years in aviation.  Com.Pilot,Inst.ME and A/P-IA. =
 Started flying in 1963 and have just over 4000 something hours.  I have =
over 1400 hours flying canard type planes.  I worked with NASA from 1993 =
to 2000 dealing with remote piloted high altitude aircraft design and =
testing out of Edwards AFB.  Built a number of planes and test flown a =
few as well.=20

  We have two other planes as well. That is my partner and I, A long EZ =
with just under 1400 hrs and a Cozy IV with right round 350hrs.  Both =
are now up for sale because of the purchase of the Velocity.  I have =
been flying the EZ around to different places to put adds up and show =
and tell and rides trying to sell it.  Right now there are a few =
interested in it.  But no money.  Hope to sell them this summer.

  I will be bringing my Velocity N32XL to Marysville on the 18th and =
show it with the others.=20

  The one big thing I would like to find out is what has been other then =
the vortex generators and fences to relieve the slow speed landing =
problem?  I can't remember ever flying a plane that was so hard to put =
down on the ground, when it flys so great in the air. =20
  I have the nose gear problem solved. But there is more work needed =
there.  It isn't over yet. =20

  Your consideration in letting me join would be greatly appreciated.=20
  Dave Dent
  373 Ann CT=20
  Livermore, CA 94550
  I am based out of Livermore CA  (LVK)
  H-925-447-8055
  C-925-337-0115


--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_3738_1086712679_1
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.100" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Welcome aboard Dave!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If the elevator cuffs are still installed, I=20
recommend&nbsp;you remove them.&nbsp; This will improve the slow speed =
lift of=20
the canard/elevator and allow easier/smoother let down of the nose after =

landing.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>What is your touch down speed?&nbsp; I haven't found =
my=20
Velocity that hard to land - 173 Elite - same wings as yours with VG's =
and no=20
elevator cuff.&nbsp; No worse than the Bonanza A36 that I used for =
complex=20
training.&nbsp; Only difference is you put the Velocity on the=20
runway&nbsp;without stalling the wings.&nbsp;And of course, it uses a =
longer=20
runway than the Bonanza, but otherwise no problem.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Ddavedent@comcast.net =
href=3D"mailto:davedent@comcast.net">Dave Dent</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, June 05, 2004 =
6:16=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:N32XL</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D4>Dear Brian</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D4>My name is Dave Dent.&nbsp; My story was in the =
last=20
  Velocity Views.&nbsp; I bought Leon Howe's XL/RG from Australia.&nbsp; =
I have=20
  been flying it for awhile now and I would like to start participating =
with=20
  those that have been flying these beautiful birds for some time.&nbsp; =

  </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>I have encountered a number of problems I have worked through and =
now=20
  have encountered the bad landing characteristic problems. I called =
John and=20
  Mary Wright last night and had a wonderful time talking to them. They=20
  suggested that I write you and see if I could join the =
Reflector.</DIV>
  <DIV> </DIV>
  <DIV>My back ground is 45 years in aviation.&nbsp; Com.Pilot,Inst.ME =
and=20
  A/P-IA.&nbsp; Started flying in 1963 and have just over 4000 something =

  hours.&nbsp; I have over 1400 hours flying canard type planes.&nbsp; I =
worked=20
  with NASA from 1993 to 2000 dealing with remote piloted high altitude =
aircraft=20
  design and testing out of Edwards AFB.&nbsp; Built a number of planes =
and test=20
  flown a few as well. </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>We have two other planes as well. That is my partner and I, A =
long EZ=20
  with just under 1400 hrs and a Cozy IV with right round 350hrs.&nbsp; =
Both are=20
  now up for sale because of the purchase of the Velocity.&nbsp; I have =
been=20
  flying the EZ around to different places to put adds up and show and =
tell and=20
  rides trying to sell it.&nbsp; Right now there are a few interested in =

  it.&nbsp; But no money.&nbsp; Hope to sell them this summer.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I will be bringing my Velocity N32XL to Marysville on the 18th =
and show=20
  it with the others.&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>The one big thing I would like to find out is what has been other =
then=20
  the vortex generators and fences to relieve the slow speed landing=20
  problem?&nbsp; I can't remember ever flying a plane that was so hard =
to put=20
  down on the ground, when it flys so great in the air.&nbsp; </DIV>
  <DIV>I have the nose gear problem solved. But there is more work =
needed=20
  there.&nbsp; It isn't over yet.&nbsp; </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D4>Your consideration in letting me join would be =
greatly=20
  appreciated. </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>Dave Dent</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D4>373 Ann CT </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>Livermore, CA 94550</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D4>I am based out of Livermore CA&nbsp; =
(LVK)</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>H-925-447-8055</DIV>
  <DIV>C-925-337-0115</DIV></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_3738_1086712679_1--
--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_3738_1086712679_0--



More information about the Reflector mailing list