REFLECTOR:N32XL

reflector at tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue Jun 8 17:29:59 CDT 2004


Great information Rob!!  

I am curious though:  While talking to the factory about my inability to get the prescribed travel out of the ailerons, I was told that most people can only get about 2-1/4" of travel. It seems to me that there could be part of the reason people experience loss of aileron on landing. Couple that with the info Rob provided, and it would indeed be scarry! I am glad I kept working until I got the whole 2.5" travel out of the ailerons.... every little bit helps. 

I need to be able to fly out of a 4500'x40' runway, where Density Altitude averages 8000-9000 in the summer. I have solved the power problem (325 HP in a 173 Elite) and done the usual: Elevator cuffs off, VG's on Prop speed at about 500 at engine idle, etc.  The technique advice is just what I needed to finish off the puzzle. 
Of course, I do plan on getting a factory checkout just prior to High speed taxi tests, and that will help some with the sight picture. 

Thanks again!    Kurt Winker



More information about the Reflector mailing list