REFLECTOR:Pitch Trim Spring
Scott Derrick
reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 03 Jun 2004 08:09:14 -0600
I put a DB circuit on my V and it helped a lot.
I posted a parts list here over a year ago, it must be in the archives..
Scott
At 09:58 PM 6/2/2004, you wrote:
>Jack,
>You may want to consider adding a Dynamic Brake Circuit to the pitch trim.
>This should reduce the servo overrun. A simple DB circuit diagram for the
>Velocity's pitch trim can be found in Velocity Views Vol. 6, page 14. I
>have not gotten far enough in the building process to test if this circuit
>works, but I am planning on a DB when I get there.
>Joe
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Jack Sheehan" <j.f.sheehan@larc.nasa.gov>
>To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
>Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 11:22 AM
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Pitch Trim Spring
>
>
> > Dave,
> > I have recently installed a new(stiffer) spring it works fine for
> > most situations but now that I have the autopilot working the trim
> > lights in the autopilot come on way to often and the fidelity of the
> > servo adjustment is to course. I would be intereted in more
> > information if you can provide it by posting photo's etc to the
> > gallery or providing web site information etc.
> >
> > Jack
> > N55XL
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin