REFLECTOR: N21HV - A bridge too far?
Laurence Coen
lwcoen at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 15 12:15:07 CDT 2004
Hiroo,
I am at a point very close to where you are now. I think that there are many things you can do yourself to verify your installation. What I did was try to check all the things that I could before engine start up. For example I verified correct location of EGT and CHT temp. sensors by heating each, one at a time, with a small torch and checking the panel read-out. Run the electric fuel pump and check for leaks and pressure gauge operation. I found that by cranking the engine for about 10 seconds I got an oil pressure reading. Magneto timing is also a static check. When you have checked all that you can without starting the engine, (don't forget oil level) start up and scan the engine group for normal operation and shut down. Then go back and look for leaks. Don't forget the oil cooler in the nose. By this time your confidence should be back where it belongs. Put on the plenums and cowlings, check the torque on the IVO prop bolts and try some low speed taxi tests.
Larry Coen
SE-RG/Franklin-IVO
N136LC
----- Original Message -----
From: Hiroo Umeno
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 11:46 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: N21HV - A bridge too far?
It's so close yet feels so far out, it's really frustrating.
It seems like I have hit the brick wall on my project. It's not really a technical one but more of a conceptual / confidence one. I think the project is at the point where if everything was hooked up and all the pieces bolted together, it will probably fly right off the deck. It's not pretty. There is no paint, no carpeting, no headliners, etc. But all the pieces are there and installed.
The problem is, I have no confidence that I put everything in right or if the power plant really is going to work. This is an area where I do not trust my experiences and I really would feel better if a trained professional or at least someone with some experience looks things over and finalizes the power plant installation. If I read the Regs right, they do allow for outsourcing (or hiring help) for firewall-forward (or rearward in our case) without being penalized for 51% rule.
Does anyone know of any outfit in Seattle area who might be able to take my bird in and finish up the power plant? It is a normally aspired Franklin installation with an IVO prop.
Hiroo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040715/ac77bca7/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list