REFLECTOR: Aileron Stiffness
Lynn Gallup
LGallup at mn.rr.com
Tue Jul 13 16:43:35 CDT 2004
I was automatically reinstalled on the reflector list a few days ago and I sent my first message in a long, long time - To an address which I now think does not work. Here it is again, and if you already got it once, I apologize.
===
I have one problem with my Velocity which I would like to ask you guys about. My ailerons are too stiff and do not self-center in flight; close attention must be paid to leveling the airplane after a turn.
I asked this question once before on the Reflector and I received a couple of theories about the possible cause but they did not help. What I did not receive was a message from anyone claiming to have the same problem so maybe I'm the only one who has it - Or the only one who is sensitive to it. Mine is a hatch-entry (short console) LWRG which I have been flying for over 300 hours. I built it single-handedly from "slow-build" parts, and it is the first airplane I have built.
Rather than launch into a long and boring narrative of all the things I have tried to correct this problem, I would just like to know if there is ANYONE else out there who thinks their aileron controls do not have enough self-centering.
Thanks,
Lynn
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040713/e926b539/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list