REFLECTOR: Speed Brake

Dan Fast onefastvelocity at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 11:25:50 CDT 2004


Hi Randy and Becky....congratulations and welcome...To
answer your question, you don't need the speed break
on the RG, it is primarily for the fixed gear version,
however, their may be some benefit to protecting the
prop from gravel or stones that maybe thrown back by
the nose wheel...personally I wouldn't waste building
time for that reason, because I rather be flying then
building LOL....Dan--- Randy Wharton
<rwharton at buckeye-express.com> wrote:
> I'm new to the Reflector, so I hope this works! 
>  
> I have an XL-RG and I'm curious about the speed
> brake. It's marked on
> the fuselage as "optional", and there is nothing in
> my manual about it.
> I checked out the online manuals and found that the
> speed brake is only
> addressed in the fixed gear models. I know that with
> retractable gear,
> the gear down will act as a brake to some extent,
> but does anyone know
> of a compelling reason why I should or should not
> install the speed
> brake? 
>  
> Randy and Becky Wharton
> N248RB - Velocity XL-RG
> http://clik.to/velocity
>  
> > _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



		
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other providers!
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail


More information about the Reflector mailing list