REFLECTOR: Speed Brake
Jack Sheehan
j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 12 11:23:02 CDT 2004
Randy,
I have been flying my XL-RG for about 1 1/2 years now (250 Hrs) and I
asked the same question during the build process. I can say now, that
there is no reason to have a speed brake on the RG. Having flown the
factory FG trainer there is probably very little reason for it on the
FG models but that is sort of up to the builder.
I have no problem slowing the airplane to gear speed. i usually enter
the traffic pattern at about 160 kts IAS and can slow to 120 kts IAS
( gear speed) between mid-field and abeam the numbers. Once the gear
is down the airplane seems to settle down to about 95 kts really easy
as you turn base. I think the constant speed prop MT is a big factor
in slowing the airplane.
I am sure there are other opinions.
Jack
N55XL
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040712/6895c351/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list