REFLECTOR: Filler for wingtips
aminetech at bluefrog.com
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu Jul 1 19:41:06 CDT 2004
I think that even with the foam in the wingtips, etc, the issue of
expansion at
altitude might be similar since the foam is mostly air. For that
matter this issue
would apply to all areas where foam is present. Does anyone know
if the foam is
closed cell (impervious to air or water) or open (porous to air and
water)? If
porous, a drain hole would relieve pressure, if it is not porous
the foam will try to
expand depending on how ridgid it is.
John
Barber Law Firm wrote:
> I am just assuming the filler for the control surface fairing is
in the old
> plans and not just conventional wisdom. The new plans do not
speak to filler
> in the "tips" other than to put some strips of blue foam in for a
little
> structural stability and it does mention drilling drain holes
(btw, these
> are the pre-molded tips with the "newer" kits. For me, circa June
2002).
> FWIW even though I may have no clue what I am talking
about....welcome to
> the world of a lawyer <g>.
>
> All the best,
>
> Chris
>
> Christopher Barber
> Attorney and Counselor at Law
More information about the Reflector
mailing list