REFLECTOR:Headset Jack Housing

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:58:31 -0600


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090606040706000008010307
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks, I'll check it out.  I'm also very pleased with the audio quality 
of my thirty 3G, but it's a terrible noise when the battery runs low.  I 
wonder if there is a way to connect to that 12v outlet?
John

HYTEC45@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/27/2004 8:54:16 AM Pacific Standard Time, 
> aminetech@bluefrog.com writes:
>
>     My jack housing has a 3rd hole that's slightly smaller than the
>     other 2
>     and has a thin prong in the center.  Can anyone tell me what this is
>     for?  Also, the rear seat mic housings are not wired.  I want to
>     connect
>     them.  Can I simply connect them to one of the front housings?
>
>     John
>
> Probably 12volt for a ANR headset.  I know the "HeadSet Inc." retrofit 
> utilizes this as that is what I have.  Since then I purchased the 
> LightSpeed with the other Velocity crowd purchase.  The mic. seems to 
> work with my VOX better, and of course the audio is much better.  They 
> seem somewhat more comfortable than the Retrofit DCs.  Time will tell.
>  
> TEC


--------------090606040706000008010307
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1">
  <title></title>
</head>
<body text="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff">
Thanks, I'll check it out.&nbsp; I'm also very pleased with the audio
quality of my thirty 3G, but it's a terrible noise when the battery
runs low.&nbsp; I wonder if there is a way to connect to that 12v outlet?<br>
John<br>
<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:HYTEC45@aol.com">HYTEC45@aol.com</a> wrote:<br>
<blockquote type="cite" cite="midf7.35de51f8.2d47f9d4@aol.com">
  <meta charset="UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; ">
  <meta content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name="GENERATOR">
  <div>
  <div>In a message dated 1/27/2004 8:54:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:aminetech@bluefrog.com">aminetech@bluefrog.com</a> writes:</div>
  <blockquote
 style="border-left: 2px solid blue; padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 5px;"><font
 face="Arial">My jack housing has a 3rd hole that's slightly smaller
than the other 2 <br>
and has a thin prong in the center.&nbsp; Can anyone tell me what this is <br>
for?&nbsp; Also, the rear seat mic housings are not wired.&nbsp; I want to
connect <br>
them.&nbsp; Can I simply connect them to one of the front housings?<br>
    <br>
John</font></blockquote>
  </div>
  <div>Probably 12volt for a ANR headset.&nbsp; I know the "HeadSet Inc."
retrofit utilizes this as that is what I have.&nbsp; Since then I purchased
the LightSpeed with the other Velocity crowd purchase.&nbsp; The mic. seems
to work with my VOX better, and of course the audio is much better.&nbsp;
They seem somewhat more comfortable than the Retrofit DCs.&nbsp; Time will
tell.</div>
  <div>&nbsp;</div>
  <div>TEC</div>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>

--------------090606040706000008010307--