REFLECTOR:Headset Jack Housing

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:28:52 EST


-------------------------------1075224531
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

In a message dated 1/27/2004 8:54:16 AM Pacific Standard Time, 
aminetech@bluefrog.com writes:
My jack housing has a 3rd hole that's slightly smaller than the other 2 
and has a thin prong in the center.  Can anyone tell me what this is 
for?  Also, the rear seat mic housings are not wired.  I want to connect 
them.  Can I simply connect them to one of the front housings?

John
Probably 12volt for a ANR headset.  I know the "HeadSet Inc." retrofit 
utilizes this as that is what I have.  Since then I purchased the LightSpeed with 
the other Velocity crowd purchase.  The mic. seems to work with my VOX better, 
and of course the audio is much better.  They seem somewhat more comfortable 
than the Retrofit DCs.  Time will tell.

TEC

-------------------------------1075224531
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 1/27/2004 8:54:16 AM Pacific Standard Time, aminetec=
h@bluefrog.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>My jack housing has a 3rd hole that's slightly=
 smaller than the other 2 <BR>and has a thin prong in the center.&nbsp; Can=20=
anyone tell me what this is <BR>for?&nbsp; Also, the rear seat mic housings=20=
are not wired.&nbsp; I want to connect <BR>them.&nbsp; Can I simply connect=20=
them to one of the front housings?<BR><BR>John</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>Probably 12volt for a ANR headset.&nbsp; I know the "HeadSet Inc." retr=
ofit utilizes this as that is what I have.&nbsp; Since then I purchased the=20=
LightSpeed with the other Velocity crowd purchase.&nbsp; The mic. seems to w=
ork with my VOX better, and of course the audio is much better.&nbsp; They s=
eem somewhat more comfortable than the Retrofit DCs.&nbsp; Time will tell.</=
DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>TEC</DIV></BODY></HTML>

-------------------------------1075224531--