REFLECTOR: Vortilons

Jack Sheehan reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:58:21 -0500


Chuck,
I have used tape for the gap seals on the ailerons. I have not tried 
the elevators or rudders. Have you closed the gaps on all the 
controls?
  I have considered trying to make a sliding door or shutter type 
thing that might fit between the oil cooler and the fuselage so that 
you could close it some in flight with just a push pull cable. I also 
just taped over the fresh air NACA scoop on top since all the 
switches, lights and vents leaked cold (very cold) air. For those 
building you may want to consider some sort of a shut off flapper for 
the fresh air plenum. You could make a little butterfly damper type 
thing that could be shut off in the rear seat area. The problem I 
have now is that if I decide to fly to Florida I am going to have to 
stop in Georgia and take the tape off ( good excuse to pee).

Jack
N55XL