REFLECTOR:HVLP spray gun

KeithHallsten reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:33:06 -0800


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C3E38A.D1BE2F80
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

If you already have an air compressor, you might be happier with the =
"professional" gun kit (about $80).  See =
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3D215  =
This setup will give you a lot more freedom to position the gun, and the =
larger cup gives you more time spraying and less time filling.

Be sure you use an air drier unless you have an "oil-free" compressor.  =
Also use a clean air hose - you don't want to carry tiny droplets of oil =
into your new paint.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: KeithHallsten=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 8:37 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:HVLP spray gun


  Actually,  I've had a couple of other builders tell me that they got =
their paint gun at Harbor Freight and were very well satisfied with the =
results.  The real difference comes with practicing with whatever =
equipment you have decided to use.  Paint your hangar or get some big =
cardboard boxes and paint them up nice!
    =20
    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: Kufalk=20
    To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
    Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 7:49 PM
    Subject: REFLECTOR:HVLP spray gun


    I went to my local Harbor Freight retail store today and saw a "High =
Volume Low Pressure Complete Spray Kit" for only $99.99.  They have =
another one listed on their website for only $69.99.  =
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3D44677 =
 I'm not sure if it's the same one or not.

    I'm only going to paint one airplane with it and probably never use =
it again.  I'm not looking to get "show plane" results from it.  I would =
be happy with a decent paint job and that's all.  I may just use it for =
primer and have a professional do the finish coat after I've flown the =
plane.

    Does anyone have any experience with one of these "cheap" sprayers?  =


    Darrell Kufalk
    Building an XLRG in Waukesha, WI.

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C3E38A.D1BE2F80
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If you already have an air compressor, =
you might be=20
happier with the "professional" gun kit (about $80).&nbsp; See <A=20
href=3D"http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3D=
215">http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3D2=
15</A>&nbsp;=20
This setup will give you a lot more freedom to position the gun, and the =
larger=20
cup gives you more time spraying and less time filling.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Be sure you use an air drier unless you =
have an=20
"oil-free" compressor.&nbsp; Also use a clean air hose - you don't want =
to carry=20
tiny droplets of oil into your new paint.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DKeithHallsten@quiknet.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:KeithHallsten@quiknet.com">KeithHallsten</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, January 25, 2004 =
8:37=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:HVLP =
spray=20
  gun</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Actually,&nbsp; I've had a couple of =
other=20
  builders tell me that they got their paint gun at Harbor Freight and =
were very=20
  well satisfied with the results.&nbsp; The real difference comes with=20
  practicing with whatever&nbsp;equipment you have decided to use.&nbsp; =
Paint=20
  your hangar or get some big cardboard boxes and paint them up=20
  nice!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
    <A title=3Dkufalk@wi.rr.com =
href=3D"mailto:kufalk@wi.rr.com">Kufalk</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
    href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, January 25, =
2004 7:49=20
    PM</DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:HVLP spray =
gun</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I went to my local Harbor Freight =
retail store=20
    today and saw a "High Volume Low Pressure Complete Spray Kit" for =
only=20
    $99.99.&nbsp; They have another one listed on their website&nbsp;for =
only=20
    $69.99.&nbsp; <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3D=
44677">http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3D=
44677</A>&nbsp;=20
    I'm not sure if it's the same one or not.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm only going to paint one =
airplane with it=20
    and probably never use it again.&nbsp; I'm not looking to get "show =
plane"=20
    results from it.&nbsp; I would be happy with a decent paint job and =
that's=20
    all.&nbsp; I may just use it for primer and have a professional do =
the=20
    finish coat&nbsp;after I've flown the plane.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Does anyone have any experience =
with one of=20
    these "cheap" sprayers?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Darrell Kufalk</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Building an XLRG =
in&nbsp;</FONT><FONT=20
    face=3DArial size=3D2>Waukesha, WI.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C3E38A.D1BE2F80--