REFLECTOR:Double whammy
Hiroo Umeno
reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:28:53 -0800
Check your local fly-mart (if you are lucky enough to have one). I
picked up 2 of those latch thingie at Arlington airshow last summer for
something like a couple bucks a pop.
Hiroo
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Pat Shea
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 2:20 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Double whammy
Al,
I bought a similar (identical?) latch from the factory
a year ago - I don't recall the price, but I believe
it was much less.
Pat
--- Al Gietzen <ALVentures@cox.net> wrote:
> I called AS&S to order the Hartwell latch for the
> oil fill door on the
> cowl that some here referred to a while back. My
> 2003 catalog showed
> the price as $24.35. When I gave the part number,
> the order taker
> politely said, "That is in stock for $57.25". I
> politely repeated the
> part number, hoping she'd get it right. Turns out
> she was right.
> What's with that? I'm now looking at one of cam
> latches on
> McMaster-Carr's catalog page 2758 for about $6.00,
> in case anyone else
> is looking. Or maybe you know of something like the
> Hartwell for less
> than the price of solid silver.
>
>
>
> I then proceeded to order the AC-1 prop spinner, or
> at least the front
> bulkhead to use with the Lightspeed super pusher
> spinner. My catalog
> showed $39.00 for the front bulkhead, $161.00 for
> the kit. After I
> provided the extensive info required to order a
> spinner, she quoted
> $74.00 for the bulkhead. That's when I said,
> "Ah-h-h, let me think
> about this and call you back." These parts are
> going up faster than
> medical coverage.
>
>
>
> It is interesting that the price of the spinner kit
> - bulkhead plus
> spinner - went up less than the increase in the
> bulkhead. Since Klaus
> specifies that bulkhead for his spinner; could it be
> that AC-1 maker
> wants his profit even if you get Klaus's spinner?
>
>
>
> Is thee another source I should check for a 10"
> spinner?
>
>
>
> Al
>
>
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes
http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html