REFLECTOR:Fling with out a net.

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:53:34 EST


--part1_c3.3db3e020.2d594d4e_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

When I got insurance with Pam, I had only the Factory Training hours in a 
Velocity and about 150 in various Cessnas and, back in the '50's in a Aeronca 
Champ. I did build at the factory service center and had them inspect the plane 
and do the first flight. 

I was interested in liability, medical and hull. They would write Hull 
coverage "only when not operating."  And that's what I got, with a healthy 10% 
deductable. However, I do have liability and medical, and that's about all one 
really needs to fly responsibly. What the hell, you didn't have a plane when you 
start building, so if you don't have one while you rebuild, it matters not. The 
important thing is to have liability and medical for all. 

Hull damage when not operating provides coverage for losses due to weather or 
other pilot errors and so on when the plane is not running.

Falcon will write coverage as above, but will include when taxiing, so about 
the only time you don't have hull coverage is from power on until turn-off the 
runway. I suspect that if you have a major accident, damage to your pride and 
joy is not your most significant concern.

Bob Wood
N658SE
219 hours in it

That's about the best I could do, but I am not too unhappy with it. 

--part1_c3.3db3e020.2d594d4e_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">When I got insurance with Pam, I ha=
d only the Factory Training hours in a Velocity and about 150 in various Ces=
snas and, back in the '50's in a Aeronca Champ. I did build at the factory s=
ervice center and had them inspect the plane and do the first flight. <BR>
<BR>
I was interested in liability, medical and hull. They would write Hull cover=
age "only when not operating."&nbsp; And that's what I got, with a healthy 1=
0% deductable. However, I do have liability and medical, and that's about al=
l one really needs to fly responsibly. What the hell, you didn't have a plan=
e when you start building, so if you don't have one while you rebuild, it ma=
tters not. The important thing is to have liability and medical for all. <BR=
>
<BR>
Hull damage when not operating provides coverage for losses due to weather o=
r other pilot errors and so on when the plane is not running.<BR>
<BR>
Falcon will write coverage as above, but will include when taxiing, so about=
 the only time you don't have hull coverage is from power on until turn-off=20=
the runway. I suspect that if you have a major accident, damage to your prid=
e and joy is not your most significant concern.<BR>
<BR>
Bob Wood<BR>
N658SE<BR>
219 hours in it<BR>
<BR>
That's about the best I could do, but I am not too unhappy with it. </FONT><=
/HTML>

--part1_c3.3db3e020.2d594d4e_boundary--