REFLECTOR: Seat foam

Dave Dent davedent at comcast.net
Thu Dec 9 15:27:08 CST 2004


Re: REFLECTOR: Seat foamI have been using temperfoam in my planes for years.  I'm about to change out the foam I have in my XL to temperfoam, not necessarily this name..  Both my EZ's had it and it's great for very long trips.  But you can buy the same stuff from McMaster Carr under a different name.  The lightest weight cost right around $55 for a 4X8 sheet.  Check out their types of foams.  Don't be taken in with fancy names.  Temperfoam is one of those names.  Yellow and pink is used for ear plugs. 
It was made first for wheel chair confined people, not NASA as told. There are about four different densities.  For aircraft seats I have used a combo of pink, blue and green.  You can cut it with a electric knife with little effort.  Glue it together with 3M-90 spry glue. 
Dave
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Dennis Martin 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 9:32 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Seat foam


  Anyone considered the Temperfoam at CostCo?  I saw it there last week.  (I think it was Temperfoam brand - if not it behaved like the original).    It was about 3" thick, and was packaged as a "comfort" pad to lay on top of a traditional mattress.  It's such sticky stuff maybe it could be stacked (sandwich layers) for seat bottoms.  I estimate that one pad would provide more than enough for four seats.    Cost seemed VERY GOOD.  Might be something we could cut up and use in seats. 


  Dennis Martin


    Kurt;

    I recall from a long ago posting that you have some seat bottom foam from Chestnut ridge, and some you made yourself from Confor foam.  How would you assess the relative merit and value?

    Al

    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041209/adbd6aa3/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list