REFLECTOR:Spam filtering software.
Brian Michalk
reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:08:13 -0500
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C42B65.9EF42C30
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I have installed a new spam filtering software.
The concept works by assuming that spammers use hijacked machines, or use
throwaway accounts. It is not content based.
As a result, all inbound traffic is delayed depending on the delaytime I
have configured, and whatever retry period happens to be on the remote end.
Once you successfully pass an email, your user/ip/destination information is
stored in a database, and all subsequent emails pass immediately, up to a
month.
Brian Michalk <http://www.michalk.com>
Life is what you make of it ... never wish you had done something.
Aviator, experimental aircraft builder, motorcyclist, SCUBA diver
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and barely single
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf
Of Al Gietzen
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 12:30 AM
To: reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR:Skysports fuel level sender
I sent this morning, but it apparently didn't go through, at least I didn'
t get a copy back. The one I sent yesterday about 10 hours to get back to
me. Must be that gravity feed water turbine isn't putting out enough extra
power to keep that server running.
Does anybody know the signal output from a Skysport, capacitance type fuel
level probe? I bought it a few years back intending to use a Westach (or
Mitchill) panel gauge, and got a probe for a 0 - 90 Ohm gauge. Now I want
to run the signal to my engine monitor system with digital display.
I don't know what the signal output from the probe is - or the range. I
have called and e-mailed Skysport, and all I have been able to do is confirm
that it is for a 0-90 Ohm gauge, which doesn't answer the question. Further
inquiry has so far gone unanswered. I'd like to avoid , if possible,
uninstalling the probe to make measurements just for concerns of leaks; and
I'm not ready to fill the tank with fuel.
Figured it couldn't hurt to ask, I've gotten lots of useful input from
this group over the years; and it is greatly appreciated.
Al
------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C42B65.9EF42C30
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE>@font-face {
font-family: Verdana;
}
@page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; }
P.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
LI.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
DIV.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
A:link {
COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
A:visited {
COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.EmailStyle17 {
FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-DECORATION: none
}
DIV.Section1 {
page: Section1
}
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY lang=3DEN-US vLink=3Dpurple link=3Dblue>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D234180413-26042004><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>I have=20
installed a new spam filtering software.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D234180413-26042004><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>The=20
concept works by assuming that spammers use hijacked machines, or use =
throwaway=20
accounts. It is not content based.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D234180413-26042004><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D234180413-26042004><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>As a=20
result, all inbound traffic is delayed depending on the delaytime I have =
configured, and whatever retry period happens to be on the remote=20
end.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D234180413-26042004><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Once=20
you successfully pass an email, your user/ip/destination information is =
stored=20
in a database, and all subsequent emails pass immediately, up to a=20
month.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<P><FONT size=3D2> Brian Michalk <<A =
href=3D"http://www.michalk.com/"=20
target=3D_blank>http://www.michalk.com</A>><BR>Life is what you make =
of it ...=20
never wish you had done something.<BR>Aviator, experimental aircraft =
builder,=20
motorcyclist, SCUBA diver<BR>musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and =
barely=20
single<BR> </FONT> </P>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px =
solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org=20
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Al=20
Gietzen<BR><B>Sent:</B> Monday, April 26, 2004 12:30 AM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
reflector<BR><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Skysports fuel level=20
sender<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=3DSection1>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I sent this morning, =
but it=20
apparently didn’t go through, at least I didn’t get a copy =
back. The one=20
I sent yesterday about 10 hours to get back to me. Must be that =
gravity=20
feed water turbine isn’t putting out enough extra power to keep =
that server=20
running.</SPAN></FONT></P>
<DIV=20
style=3D"BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: =
medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium =
none; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid">
<P class=3DMsoNormal=20
style=3D"BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: =
medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: medium =
none; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none"><FONT=20
face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Verdana"></SPAN></FONT> </P></DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Does anybody know the =
signal=20
output from a Skysport, capacitance type fuel level probe? I =
bought it a=20
few years back intending to use a Westach (or Mitchill) panel gauge, =
and got a=20
probe for a 0 – 90 Ohm gauge. Now I want to run the signal =
to my engine=20
monitor system with digital display.</SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Verdana"></SPAN></FONT> </P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I don’t know =
what the signal=20
output from the probe is – or the range. I have called and =
e-mailed=20
Skysport, and all I have been able to do is confirm that it is for a =
0-90 Ohm=20
gauge, which doesn’t answer the question. Further inquiry =
has so far=20
gone unanswered. I’d like to avoid , if possible, =
uninstalling the probe=20
to make measurements just for concerns of leaks; and I’m not =
ready to fill the=20
tank with fuel.</SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Verdana"></SPAN></FONT> </P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Figured it =
couldn’t hurt to ask,=20
I’ve gotten lots of useful input from this group over the years; =
and it is=20
greatly appreciated.</SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Verdana"></SPAN></FONT> </P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Al</SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Verdana"></SPAN></FONT> </P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C42B65.9EF42C30--