REFLECTOR:Skysports fuel level sender

Al Gietzen reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:29:50 -0700


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C42B14.D2964420
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I sent this morning, but it apparently didn't go through, at least I =
didn't
get a copy back.  The one I sent yesterday about 10 hours to get back to =
me.
Must be that gravity feed water turbine isn't putting out enough extra =
power
to keep that server running.

=20

Does anybody know the signal output from a Skysport, capacitance type =
fuel
level probe?  I bought it a few years back intending to use a Westach =
(or
Mitchill) panel gauge, and got a probe for a 0 - 90 Ohm gauge.  Now I =
want
to run the signal to my engine monitor system with digital display.

=20

I don't know what the signal output from the probe is - or the range.  I
have called and e-mailed Skysport, and all I have been able to do is =
confirm
that it is for a 0-90 Ohm gauge, which doesn't answer the question.  =
Further
inquiry has so far gone unanswered.  I'd like to avoid , if possible,
uninstalling the probe to make measurements just for concerns of leaks; =
and
I'm not ready to fill the tank with fuel.

=20

Figured it couldn't hurt to ask, I've gotten lots of useful input from =
this
group over the years; and it is greatly appreciated.

=20

Al

=20


------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C42B14.D2964420
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">


<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">

<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:Verdana;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:Verdana;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>

</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>I sent this morning, but it apparently didn&#8217;t =
go through,
at least I didn&#8217;t get a copy back.&nbsp; The one I sent yesterday =
about
10 hours to get back to me. &nbsp;Must be that gravity feed water =
turbine isn&#8217;t
putting out enough extra power to keep that server =
running.</span></font></p>

<div style=3D'border:none;border-bottom:solid windowtext =
1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 1.0pt 0in'>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'border:none;padding:0in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

</div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>Does anybody know the signal output from a =
Skysport,
capacitance type fuel level probe? &nbsp;I bought it a few years back =
intending
to use a Westach (or Mitchill) panel gauge, and got a probe for a 0 =
&#8211; 90
Ohm gauge.&nbsp; Now I want to run the signal to my engine monitor =
system with
digital display.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>I don&#8217;t know what the signal output from the =
probe
is &#8211; or the range.&nbsp; I have called and e-mailed Skysport, and =
all I
have been able to do is confirm that it is for a 0-90 Ohm gauge, which
doesn&#8217;t answer the question.&nbsp; Further inquiry has so far gone
unanswered. &nbsp;I&#8217;d like to avoid , if possible, uninstalling =
the probe
to make measurements just for concerns of leaks; and I&#8217;m not ready =
to
fill the tank with fuel.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>Figured it couldn&#8217;t hurt to ask, I&#8217;ve =
gotten
lots of useful input from this group over the years; and it is greatly
appreciated.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>Al</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C42B14.D2964420--