REFLECTOR:Grove brakes.

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:44:58 -0500


--------------6D11195D0F5471B8BE5167A5
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Have you done any taxiing?  My Matcos seem to have a soft pedal, but
they work fine for stopping.

John

PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com wrote:

> I posted my brake problems on the reflector last October and received
> several good suggestions.  None have worked so far and I still have a
> soft pedal.  To quantify that, the pedal will move about an inch after
> the pads contact the disc.  The airplane is ready to fly so today a
> friend and I made one more attempt to solve the problem.  We
> disconnected the brake line at the caliper and capped it.  This gave a
> good hard pedal so we decided to bench bleed the caliper.  Following
> the suggestions, we tapped, rotated and oriented the caliper so that
> the outlets between pistons were on top and on and on.  NO bubbles.  I
> give up!  I'll buy new brakes.
>
> Several people on the canard aviator website have recommended Grove
> brakes over Clevelands.  Is any one on the Reflector familiar with
> Grove?  Velocity?  Your comments please.  Also, can you tell me what
> Cleveland model is a bolt on for the standard RG.
> Thanks,
> Mel Bina  SDT  RG

--------------6D11195D0F5471B8BE5167A5
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<html>
Have you done any taxiing?&nbsp; My Matcos seem to have a soft pedal, but
they work fine for stopping.
<p>John
<p>PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com wrote:
<blockquote TYPE=CITE><font face="arial,helvetica"><font size=-1>I posted
my brake problems on the reflector last October and received several good
suggestions.&nbsp; None have worked so far and I still have a soft pedal.&nbsp;
To quantify that, the pedal will move about an inch after the pads contact
the disc.&nbsp; The airplane is ready to fly so today a friend and I made
one more attempt to solve the problem.&nbsp; We disconnected the brake
line at the caliper and capped it.&nbsp; This gave a good hard pedal so
we decided to bench bleed the caliper.&nbsp; Following the suggestions,
we tapped, rotated and oriented the caliper so that the outlets between
pistons were on top and on and on.&nbsp; NO bubbles.&nbsp; I give up!&nbsp;
I'll buy new brakes.</font></font>
<p><font face="arial,helvetica"><font size=-1>Several people on the canard
aviator website have recommended Grove brakes over Clevelands.&nbsp; Is
any one on the Reflector familiar with Grove?&nbsp; Velocity?&nbsp; Your
comments please.&nbsp; Also, can you tell me what Cleveland model is a
bolt on for the standard RG.</font></font>
<br><font face="arial,helvetica"><font size=-1>Thanks,</font></font>
<br><font face="arial,helvetica"><font size=-1>Mel Bina&nbsp; SDT&nbsp;
RG</font></font></blockquote>
</html>

--------------6D11195D0F5471B8BE5167A5--