REFLECTOR:Grove brakes.

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:25:50 EDT


--part1_158.335ca8e4.2dbdb10e_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I posted my brake problems on the reflector last October and received several 
good suggestions.  None have worked so far and I still have a soft pedal.  To 
quantify that, the pedal will move about an inch after the pads contact the 
disc.  The airplane is ready to fly so today a friend and I made one more 
attempt to solve the problem.  We disconnected the brake line at the caliper and 
capped it.  This gave a good hard pedal so we decided to bench bleed the 
caliper.  Following the suggestions, we tapped, rotated and oriented the caliper so 
that the outlets between pistons were on top and on and on.  NO bubbles.  I 
give up!  I'll buy new brakes.

Several people on the canard aviator website have recommended Grove brakes 
over Clevelands.  Is any one on the Reflector familiar with Grove?  Velocity?  
Your comments please.  Also, can you tell me what Cleveland model is a bolt on 
for the standard RG.
Thanks,
Mel Bina  SDT  RG

--part1_158.335ca8e4.2dbdb10e_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>I posted my b=
rake problems on the reflector last October and received several good sugges=
tions. &nbsp;None have worked so far and I still have a soft pedal. &nbsp;To=
 quantify that, the pedal will move about an inch after the pads contact the=
 disc. &nbsp;The airplane is ready to fly so today a friend and I made one m=
ore attempt to solve the problem. &nbsp;We disconnected the brake line at th=
e caliper and capped it. &nbsp;This gave a good hard pedal so we decided to=20=
bench bleed the caliper. &nbsp;Following the suggestions, we tapped, rotated=
 and oriented the caliper so that the outlets between pistons were on top an=
d on and on. &nbsp;NO bubbles. &nbsp;I give up! &nbsp;I'll buy new brakes.
<BR>
<BR>Several people on the canard aviator website have recommended Grove brak=
es over Clevelands. &nbsp;Is any one on the Reflector familiar with Grove? &=
nbsp;Velocity? &nbsp;Your comments please. &nbsp;Also, can you tell me what=20=
Cleveland model is a bolt on for the standard RG.
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>Mel Bina &nbsp;SDT &nbsp;RG</FONT></HTML>

--part1_158.335ca8e4.2dbdb10e_boundary--