REFLECTOR:Velocity busts Presidential TFR

Dennis Martin reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:33:18 -0600


Dave,
Good advice.  It's no fun being a target.  I will insist on a written 
apology or statement - I want my name vaporized from this particular 
FAA database.  I've also speculated on how they identified it as  a 
Velocity, and why no pursuit took place.  I  think I'll take Kurt's 
advice and phone them first just to see what's going on.
Best,
Dennis Martin

>Dennis,
>
>>  Dear FAA,
>>  1. OK, who stole my N number?  My airplane is a homebuilt, and
>>  I'm still working on my 51%.
>>  3. If this were my plane, I could get in the Guiness book of
>>  World Records for making the first Velocity flight from Utah
>>  to Texas without a propeller.  My prop is  still on order
>>  from Catto.
>>  5. Say hello to George W. for me, but mention that I'm not
>>  impressed by celebrities.
>>
>>  Please correct this matter as soon as possible.  I want this
>>  totally inaccurate report shredded and expunged from all FAA
>>  records.  I welcome a visit from any FAA representative to
>>  examine my aircraft to verify the facts stated above.  It's
>>  still in a  hangar next to my house, and it doesn't know what
>>  a runway looks like yet.
>
>I like your reply as written. Though I'd probably leave out #2 and #4. I would
>definitely pursue a WRITTEN apology, as well as information as to where they
>got your N-numner.
>
>The fact they did not force this plane to land is interesting. I thought
>forced landings were standard procedure for TFR violations. Without a forced
>landing, one can presume the N-number was approximately what someone thought
>they saw from the ground. Or one they chose from a list. Come to think of it,
>WAS it even a Velocity? I'll bet not, but when they looked up the N-number,
>there it was. The witness probably has no idea what a Velocity looks like.
>
>Make certain you get the written apology.
>
>Dave Black
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html