REFLECTOR:Front Fork

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:26:06 -0500


--------------595303DD43B8C6794E78AAE4
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I agree it is something to think about.  I think that a slick can kick
up debris as much as a tread, but if anyone has some data to resolve
this I would appreciate it.

John

HYTEC45@aol.com wrote:

>  In a message dated 4/17/2004 5:23:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> aminetech@bluefrog.com writes:
>
>      I have a slick tire and want to replace with a
>      tread tire.
>
> Are you sure?  The tread could hold debris to be launched into the
> prop.  I know that my C-172's (every once in a while fun to kick
> around the sky, and take into rough places) mains will fling rocks
> into the prop with the wheel pants off.  I also will notice small
> rocks stuck between the treads once in a while that I pry out before
> startup. Just something to think about. TEC

--------------595303DD43B8C6794E78AAE4
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<html>
<body style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">
I agree it is something to think about.&nbsp; I think that a slick can
kick up debris as much as a tread, but if anyone has some data to resolve
this I would appreciate it.
<p>John
<p>HYTEC45@aol.com wrote:
<blockquote TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;In a message dated 4/17/2004 5:23:05 PM Pacific
Standard Time, aminetech@bluefrog.com writes:
<blockquote style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><font face="Arial">I
have a slick tire and want to replace with a</font>
<br><font face="Arial">tread tire.</font></blockquote>
Are you sure?&nbsp; The tread could hold debris to be launched into the
prop.&nbsp; I know that my C-172's (every once in a while fun to kick around
the sky, and take into rough places) mains will fling rocks into the prop
with the wheel pants off.&nbsp; I also will notice small rocks stuck between
the treads once in a while that I pry out before startup.&nbsp;Just something
to think about.&nbsp;TEC</blockquote>

</body>
</html>

--------------595303DD43B8C6794E78AAE4--