REFLECTOR:INTAKE COMBUSTION AIR

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:31:08 -0400


OK, I give up.  I have to ask.  Since cylinder head temp reflects mixture
and cooling, why is GAMI looking at CHT instead of EGT?  Why tune to CHT
when mixture is quickly reflected in the EGT?  What am I missing here?  Is
the GAMI approach compensating for the uneven cooling by running a rich
mixture on the hot CHT?

Just my wondering, no engineering here.

-jerry


                                                                                                                                               
                      Jack Sheehan                                                                                                             
                      <j.f.sheehan@issmail.lar        To:       reflector@tvbf.org                                                             
                      c.nasa.gov>                     cc:                                                                                      
                      Sent by:                        Subject:  Re: REFLECTOR:INTAKE COMBUSTION AIR                                            
                      reflector-admin@tvbf.org                                                                                                 
                                                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                               
                      09/15/2003 09:01 AM                                                                                                      
                      Please respond to                                                                                                        
                      reflector                                                                                                                
                                                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                               




Bob,
I will be very interested in the results of the closing up of the ends on
the plenum. I presume you have added some metal to the plenum and wrapped
it down around the end cylinders?
My IO-540 has been running high cylinder head temps thereby preventing me
from leaning as much as I would like. I need to run a little rich about 15
gal/hr to keep the temps on the high cylinders at about 410-420. I have
played with the moving of the VG's and sealed the plenum with silicone Not
much change.
Jack