REFLECTOR: Dual Throttles - Quadrants vs. push-pull controls

Jim Agnew reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 05:28:30 -0700 (PDT)


If you want to see how to combine the throttle cables at
the engine I can send you pictures.  They are on TVBF but
it is not working.

Jim

--- KeithHallsten <KeithHallsten@quiknet.com> wrote:
> Fred,
> Aha!  It sounds like it should be pretty easy, just a
> dual termination of the control cables at the fuel servo,
> and two completely redundant throttle cables and knobs. 
> Like a lot of things, it seems obvious once someone shows
> you the concept!  I had it stuck in my head that the
> interconnect between the controls should be at the panel
> end, since I'd seen a setup like that with quadrants.
> Keith
>   ----- Original Message ----- 
>   From: Fred Marconi 
>   To: reflector@tvbf.org 
>   Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 1:55 AM
>   Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Quadrants vs. push-pull controls
> 
> 
>   Dear Keith:
> 
>   I have installed only a dual throttle control on my
> plane.  The cables are connected in the engine and each
> run back on the right and left.  I have run my cables and
> should be connecting them in the next few weeks.  Scott
> Bakes should help you with how to do it, if you call him.
>  I did not see the reason to run mixture and prop
> control.
> 
>   Fred. 
> 
>     ----- Original Message ----- 
>     From: KeithHallsten 
>     To: reflector@tvbf.org 
>     Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 12:25 AM
>     Subject: REFLECTOR:Quadrants vs. push-pull controls
> 
> 
>     I'm getting things lined up to install my IO-540, and
> I'm trying to decide whether to go with the standard
> push-pull controls or the "cooler" quadrant option.  
> 
>     I recognize that the push-pull controls have the nice
> vernier fine adjustment and anti-creep.  On the other
> hand it's not clear how to rig up dual engine controls
> with the push-pull scheme.
> 
>     I recall Rob Johnson's post on his modified ACS
> homebuilder quadrant.  Do any of you have a source for
> practical quadrants that lend themselves to dual
> installation?
> 
>     Should I just forget the dual controls?  
> 
>     Keith Hallsten 


=====
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2@Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying