REFLECTOR:landing lights

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:58:25 -0600


Rob,

I have the nose light and am thinking about adding a light on the main gear.  I'm concerned about glare from the canard.  I though about putting a light on the nose gear leg, but the occasional shimmy would probably damage the filament.  Do you have much glare with the lights angled down?

John

>
>
> Chuck,
>
> The 172 I flew while I was building had this nasty habit of shining the lights up into the air while in the flare so I could see the runway fine in the approach but as soon as I started getting the nose up and feeling for the deck I had nothing but the runway lights in the periphial vision to tell how high I was. Bummer! :-)
>
> So I set up my main gears lights with a significant down angle so they would light up the runway while nose high. Then I set the nose light almost level so when I "level" on the ground the main gear lights were very short but the nose light reached way out there.
>
> Rob
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html