REFLECTOR:V8 Vacuum system

Wayne reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 22:55:39 -0500


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00EF_01C3A582.435FF700
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Go solid  state. I built a bracket for a vacuum pump on my PSRU  and =
even had a retractable vacuum venturi.They sucked. I removed them both =
for an  electric gyro with a palm unit as a backup. Why put unreliable =
dinosaur parts on a new plane?
Wayne
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: velocityxlfg=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 8:47 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR:V8 Vacuum system


  Is there any one out there who put a vacuum system
  on an auto conversion? I have a Chevy V8=20
  installed and would like some ideas on how other people
  attacked the Vacuum system. I thought of a electrical=20
  driven vacuum pump but do not know how much=20
  vacuum I need to pull. I bought a engine driven aircraft pump. But =
with it I need to find out what Rpm  it needs to be run at? Where it =
mount it ?And how I might install it.
  Or should I just give up on the vacuum system all to gerther
  and go all electrical.

  Thank you Wise ones
  Ron
------=_NextPart_000_00EF_01C3A582.435FF700
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Go solid&nbsp; state. I built a bracket =
for a=20
vacuum pump on my PSRU&nbsp; and even had a retractable vacuum =
venturi.They=20
sucked. I removed them both for an &nbsp;electric gyro with a palm =
unit&nbsp;as=20
a backup. Why put unreliable dinosaur parts on a new plane?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Wayne</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dvelocityxl@fastmail.fm=20
  href=3D"mailto:velocityxl@fastmail.fm">velocityxlfg</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, October 20, 2003 =
8:47=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:V8 Vacuum =
system</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is there any one out there who put a =
vacuum=20
  system</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>on an auto conversion? I have a Chevy =
V8=20
  </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>installed and would like some ideas =
on how other=20
  people</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>attacked the Vacuum system. I thought =
of a=20
  electrical </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>driven vacuum pump but do not know =
how much=20
  </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>vacuum I need to pull. I bought a =
engine driven=20
  aircraft pump. But with it I need to find out&nbsp;what Rpm&nbsp; it =
needs to=20
  be run at? Where it mount it ?And how I might install it.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Or should I just give up on the =
vacuum system all=20
  to gerther</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>and go all electrical.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you Wise ones</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Ron</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00EF_01C3A582.435FF700--