REFLECTOR:Propeller

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:13:49 -0500


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_005E_01C3A478.95164000
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Al also has a web page on his prop construction:

http://members.aol.com/alwick/prop.html

Also see Lee Devlin's  http://k0lee.com/propfab.html

At Oshkosh this year I parked next to a Canadian canardian (I couldn't =
resist!) Giles Gratton who had a home made prop on his Velocity.  See =
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mathieu.gratton/CGDOU/CGDOU.htm  Really nice =
looking prop!

Oh, and if you decide this is too much carving and sanding, check with =
Craig Catto at www.cattoprops.com .  I have been very pleased with my =
$1650 prop (IO 360 - 200 hp).  He had props at this year's Reno Air =
Races and has been building props for years. You can also order this =
through the Velocity factory.

Ronnie Brown



  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jim Sower=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 1:12 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Propeller


  Talk to Al Wick.  He built a prop for his Cozy and swears by it.  Says =
it was really easy (which surprised the hell out of me).=20
  He is at  alwick@juno.com=20
  Good luck.  I am thinking about making one too when I get to that =
stage ... Jim S.=20
  velocity xl wrote:=20

    Any on out there building there own Propeller?Any good site to =
visit? =20
    Ron
  --=20
  Jim Sower=20
  Crossville, TN; Chapter 5=20
  Long-EZ N83RT, Velocity N4095T=20
   =20


------=_NextPart_000_005E_01C3A478.95164000
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Al also has a web page on his prop =
construction:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://members.aol.com/alwick/prop.html">http://members.aol.com/a=
lwick/prop.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Also see Lee Devlin's&nbsp;&nbsp;<A=20
href=3D"http://k0lee.com/propfab.html">http://k0lee.com/propfab.html</A><=
/FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>At Oshkosh this year I parked next to a Canadian =
canardian (I=20
couldn't resist!) Giles Gratton who had a home made prop on his =
Velocity.&nbsp;=20
See <A=20
href=3D"http://www3.sympatico.ca/mathieu.gratton/CGDOU/CGDOU.htm">http://=
www3.sympatico.ca/mathieu.gratton/CGDOU/CGDOU.htm</A>&nbsp;=20
Really nice looking prop!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Oh, and if you decide this is too much carving and =
sanding,=20
check with Craig Catto at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.cattoprops.com">www.cattoprops.com</A> .&nbsp; I have =
been very=20
pleased with my $1650 prop (IO 360 - 200 hp).&nbsp; He had props at this =
year's=20
Reno Air Races and has been building props for years.&nbsp;You can also =
order=20
this through the Velocity factory.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ronnie Brown</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dcanarder@frontiernet.net =
href=3D"mailto:canarder@frontiernet.net">Jim=20
  Sower</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, November 06, =
2003 1:12=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: =
REFLECTOR:Propeller</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>Talk to Al Wick.&nbsp; He built a prop for his Cozy and =
swears=20
  by it.&nbsp; Says it was really easy (which surprised the hell out of =
me).=20
  <BR>He is at&nbsp; <A =
href=3D"mailto:alwick@juno.com">alwick@juno.com</A>=20
  <BR>Good luck.&nbsp; I am thinking about making one too when I get to =
that=20
  stage ... Jim S.=20
  <P>velocity xl wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">
    <STYLE></STYLE>
    <FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D-1>Any on out there building there =
own=20
    Propeller?</FONT></FONT><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D-1>Any good =
site to=20
    visit?</FONT></FONT>&nbsp; <BR><FONT face=3DArial><FONT=20
    size=3D-1>Ron</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
  <P>-- <BR>Jim Sower <BR>Crossville, TN; Chapter 5 <BR>Long-EZ N83RT, =
Velocity=20
  N4095T <BR>&nbsp; </P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005E_01C3A478.95164000--