REFLECTOR:More Insurance Woes

Andy Millin reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 6 May 2003 15:36:26 -0400


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C313E5.4170DCE0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Bob,

Funny, I JUST renewed my "Aircraft Under Construction" with Avemco.  It was
$550/yr.

Andy
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf
Of Bob Hugel
  Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 3:31 PM
  To: reflector@tvbf.org
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:More Insurance Woes


  Larry,
  I called Avemco on Thursday of last week to ask about Builders Insurance.
They told me that they do not insure Velocity Kits because they felt that
since they do not insure the plane when it is complete it was not fair to
insure the kit.  This seems like a recent change on their part.

  I was quoted for a $60K replacement cost kit, $600/yr by Falcon on the
same day (I'm instrument rated).  Falcon suggested that I call Avemco
because they felt that Avemco could do a better price, but as it turns out,
they will not bother.

  Today, I emailed Pam with all the particulars and I'm awaiting a response
on price.
  Bob
    -----Original Message-----
    From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Milehitaz@aol.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 2:46 PM
    To: reflector@tvbf.org
    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:More Insurance Woes


    I am using Avemco for builders insurance. It runs me about 450 a year.
Your right, it's very strange that they will offer me the build Ins, and the
cheapest in the biz, but don't want me when it comes time to fly.  Oh well.
Best to all,
    Larry

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C313E5.4170DCE0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D929573419-06052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>Bob,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D929573419-06052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D929573419-06052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Funny,=20
I&nbsp;JUST renewed my "Aircraft Under Construction" with Avemco.&nbsp; =
It was=20
$550/yr.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D929573419-06052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D929573419-06052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>Andy</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org=20
  [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Bob =
Hugel<BR><B>Sent:</B>=20
  Tuesday, May 06, 2003 3:31 PM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> RE: REFLECTOR:More Insurance=20
  Woes<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
  class=3D105402619-06052003>Larry,</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D105402619-06052003>I=20
  called Avemco on Thursday of last week to ask about Builders =
Insurance.&nbsp;=20
  They told me that they do not insure Velocity Kits because they felt =
that=20
  since they do not insure the plane when it is complete it was not fair =
to=20
  insure the kit.&nbsp; This seems like a recent change on their=20
  part.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
  class=3D105402619-06052003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D105402619-06052003>I=20
  was quoted for a $60K replacement cost kit, $600/yr by Falcon on the =
same day=20
  (I'm instrument rated).&nbsp; Falcon suggested that I call Avemco =
because they=20
  felt that Avemco could do a better price, but as it turns out, they =
will not=20
  bother.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
  class=3D105402619-06052003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
  class=3D105402619-06052003>Today, I emailed Pam with all the =
particulars and I'm=20
  awaiting a response on price.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
  class=3D105402619-06052003>Bob</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
    size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org=20
    [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of=20
    </B>Milehitaz@aol.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, May 06, 2003 2:46=20
    PM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: =
REFLECTOR:More=20
    Insurance Woes<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><FONT =
face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0=20
    face=3DTahoma color=3D#0000ff size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">I am =
using Avemco for=20
    builders insurance. It runs me about 450 a year. Your right, it's =
very=20
    strange that they will offer me the build Ins, and the cheapest in =
the biz,=20
    but don't want me when it comes time to fly.&nbsp; Oh well. Best to=20
    all,<BR>Larry</FONT> </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C313E5.4170DCE0--