REFLECTOR:Re: BATTERIES

Nolan Frederick reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:52:10 -0600


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C33C14.0CE2ABA0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Wayne,
Best wishes on the Gall Bladder procedure.  My wife had it done =
(Laproscopically) and she was back in the harness in two days.  Made a =
world of difference in how she felt.
nolan.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wayne Lanza=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 10:10 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR:Re: BATTERIES


  Hi Tom,
  Remember that the Power Guard has a current limitation, if you use a =
battery with an Amp/Hour
  rating of greater than 12AH, you could compromise the PG during a deep =
charge. I'd recommend
  a 7AH battery for you as the secondary and a simple automotive battery =
for the primary. We use
  them all the time and they last as long as an AC battery - at half the =
cost. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  If you can't find a 7AH gel cell, let me know and I'll order one for =
you (under $40 delivered). Don't
  bother with the deep cycle battery as a back up, it's cheaper to =
replace the gel cell every 2 years
  and you will always have a fresh, known good battery instead of =
waiting for one to die on you...

  I am progressing on the Power Guard mods but have to deal with a minor =
set back. I'm in for an
  emergency surgery tomorrow to remove my Gall Bladder. I've been having =
problems for the past
  5-6 months - thought it was an ulcer, what next!?

  Regards,
  Wayne Lanza
  =
_________________________________________________________________________=
__

  On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 01:26 PM, Tom Martino wrote:


    Any thoughts on the best batteries to you can buy?  Primary and =
backup?
    =20
    I think a deep cycle is best for a backup battery since it is made =
to run over a period of time with a steady drain.
    =20
    For the primary battery you want strong cranking amps.
    =20
    Any thoughts on brands?  Or models?

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C33C14.0CE2ABA0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Wayne,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Best wishes on the Gall Bladder =
procedure.&nbsp; My=20
wife had it done (Laproscopically) and she was back in the harness in =
two=20
days.&nbsp; Made a world of difference in how she felt.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>nolan.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dwlanza@bellsouth.net =
href=3D"mailto:wlanza@bellsouth.net">Wayne=20
  Lanza</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, June 25, 2003 =
10:10=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Re: =
BATTERIES</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>Hi Tom,<BR>Remember that the Power Guard has a current=20
  limitation, if you use a battery with an Amp/Hour<BR>rating of greater =
than=20
  12AH, you could compromise the PG during a deep charge. I'd =
recommend<BR>a 7AH=20
  battery for you as the secondary and a simple automotive battery for =
the=20
  primary. We use<BR>them all the time and they last as long as an AC =
battery -=20
  at half the cost. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!<BR>If you can't =
find a 7AH=20
  gel cell, let me know and I'll order one for you (under $40 =
delivered).=20
  Don't<BR>bother with the deep cycle battery as a back up, it's cheaper =
to=20
  replace the gel cell every 2 years<BR>and you will always have a =
fresh, known=20
  good battery instead of waiting for one to die on you...<BR><BR>I am=20
  progressing on the Power Guard mods but have to deal with a minor set =
back.=20
  I'm in for an<BR>emergency surgery tomorrow to remove my Gall Bladder. =
I've=20
  been having problems for the past<BR>5-6 months - thought it was an =
ulcer,=20
  what next!?<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Wayne=20
  =
Lanza<BR>________________________________________________________________=
___________<BR><BR>On=20
  Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 01:26 PM, Tom Martino wrote:<BR><BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE><?fontfamily><?param Arial><?smaller>Any thoughts on the =
best=20
    batteries to you can buy?&nbsp; Primary and=20
    backup?<?/smaller><?/fontfamily><BR>&nbsp;<BR><?fontfamily><?param =
Arial><?smaller>I=20
    think a deep cycle is best for a backup battery since it is made to =
run over=20
    a period of time with a steady =
drain.<?/smaller><?/fontfamily><BR>&nbsp;<BR><?fontfamily><?param =
Arial><?smaller>For=20
    the primary battery you want strong cranking=20
    amps.<?/smaller><?/fontfamily><BR>&nbsp;<BR><?fontfamily><?param =
Arial><?smaller>Any=20
    thoughts on brands?&nbsp; Or=20
models?<?/smaller><?/fontfamily><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HT=
ML>

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C33C14.0CE2ABA0--