REFLECTOR:Finishing work on fastbuilds?
Velocity_AZ
reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:46:05 -0700
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C33A35.6E8B3380
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Mine FB wings were not ready for paint. They did look good, but they didn’t
“feel” good. As I’ve learned from my painter, you’ve got to feel the
surface – the eyes cannot see what you can feel with your hands. By running
your hands across the surface you will find dips and other areas that need
attention. Final paint (glossy surface) will show every imperfection –
catch them now.
Regards,
Kevin Steiner
Elite LWFG (in final primer – test flying this weekend)
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
Brett Ferrell
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 9:35 AM
To: Velocity Reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR:Finishing work on fastbuilds?
While I've got the plane upside down, I thought I'd do any necessary
finishing work on the strakes and underbelly. So, I was wondering (those of
you who've done a FB bird) how much finishing work folks have found that the
factory's fast-build (or otherwise already primered parts, like the strake
skins) have needed? I'd rather not go through the process of spraying dark
primer lightly on the skin and start sanding only to find that surface was
already free of waviness and other defects.... They look pretty good, but
are they 'ready for paint' or just 'free of major defects'? Thanks.
Brett
------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C33A35.6E8B3380
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<meta name=3DProgId content=3DWord.Document>
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 9">
<meta name=3DOriginator content=3D"Microsoft Word 9">
<link rel=3DFile-List href=3D"cid:filelist.xml@01C33A35.6CDFF480">
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
<o:DoNotRelyOnCSS/>
</o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:DocumentKind>DocumentEmail</w:DocumentKind>
<w:EnvelopeVis/>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]-->
<style>
<!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:Tahoma;
panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;
mso-font-charset:0;
mso-generic-font-family:swiss;
mso-font-pitch:variable;
mso-font-signature:16792199 0 0 0 65791 0;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{mso-style-parent:"";
margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
p.MsoAutoSig, li.MsoAutoSig, div.MsoAutoSig
{margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
span.EmailStyle15
{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
mso-ascii-font-family:Arial;
mso-hansi-font-family:Arial;
mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;
color:navy;}
@page Section1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
mso-header-margin:.5in;
mso-footer-margin:.5in;
mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1027"/>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1"/>
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body bgcolor=3Dwhite lang=3DEN-US style=3D'tab-interval:.5in'>
<div class=3DSection1>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle15><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Mi=
ne FB
wings were not ready for paint.<span style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">
</span>They did look good, but they didn’t “feel” =
good.<span
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>As I’ve learned from my =
painter, you’ve
got to feel the surface – the eyes cannot see what you can feel =
with your hands.<span
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>By running your hands across =
the
surface you will find dips and other areas that need attention.<span
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Final paint (glossy surface) =
will show
every imperfection – catch them =
now.<o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle15><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'><!=
[if =
!supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]><o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle15><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Re=
gards,<o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle15><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'><!=
[if =
!supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]><o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle15><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Ke=
vin
Steiner<o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle15><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>El=
ite LWFG
(in final primer – test flying this =
weekend)<o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle15><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'><!=
[if =
!supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]><o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle15><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'><!=
[if =
!supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]><o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblack
face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;color:black'>-----Original
Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>On =
Behalf Of
</span></b>Brett Ferrell<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Tuesday, June 24, =
2003 9:35
AM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> Velocity =
Reflector<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> =
REFLECTOR:Finishing work
on fastbuilds?</span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><![if =
!supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]><o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblack
face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'>While
I've got the plane upside down, I thought I'd do any necessary finishing =
work
on the strakes and underbelly. So, I was wondering (those of you =
who've
done a FB bird) how much finishing work folks have found that the =
factory's
fast-build (or otherwise already primered parts, like the strake skins) =
have
needed? I'd rather not go through the process of spraying dark =
primer
lightly on the skin and start sanding only to find that surface was =
already
free of waviness and other defects.... They look pretty good, but =
are
they 'ready for paint' or just 'free of major defects'? =
Thanks.</span></font><font
color=3Dblack><span =
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblack
face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'><br>
Brett</span></font><font color=3Dblack><span =
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:
windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>
------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C33A35.6E8B3380--