REFLECTOR:Finishing work on fastbuilds?

Brett Ferrell reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:34:52 -0400


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_209C_01C33A4D.0256ED90
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

While I've got the plane upside down, I thought I'd do any necessary =
finishing work on the strakes and underbelly.  So, I was wondering =
(those of you who've done a FB bird) how much finishing work folks have =
found that the factory's fast-build (or otherwise already primered =
parts, like the strake skins) have needed?  I'd rather not go through =
the process of spraying dark primer lightly on the skin and start =
sanding only to find that surface was already free of waviness and other =
defects....  They look pretty good, but are they 'ready for paint' or =
just 'free of major defects'?  Thanks.

Brett
------=_NextPart_000_209C_01C33A4D.0256ED90
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>While I've got the plane upside down, I =
thought I'd=20
do any necessary finishing work on the strakes and underbelly.&nbsp; So, =
I was=20
wondering (those of you who've done a FB bird) how much finishing work =
folks=20
have found that the factory's fast-build (or otherwise already primered =
parts,=20
like the strake skins) have needed?&nbsp; I'd rather not go through the =
process=20
of spraying dark primer lightly on the skin and start sanding only to =
find that=20
surface was already free of waviness and other defects....&nbsp; They =
look=20
pretty good, but are they 'ready for paint' or just 'free of major=20
defects'?&nbsp; Thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>Brett</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_209C_01C33A4D.0256ED90--