REFLECTOR:A TOUCHY SUBJECT!

Alexander Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:00:41 -0500


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--Boundary_(ID_qoxuRGrhFud72bt20qFvnQ)
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

I think it is "no representation without taxation"  but it sounds better
when the govt. tells you it is the other way around.......
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf
Of Tom Martino
  Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 3:51 PM
  To: reflector@tvbf.org
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:A TOUCHY SUBJECT!


  Our country was founded on the slogan:  "No taxation without
representation!"

  Come to think of it ... "Taxation WITH representation isn't much better."
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Greg Poole [mailto:gpoole@zeta.org.au]
    Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 3:34 PM
    To: reflector@tvbf.org
    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:A TOUCHY SUBJECT!


    What?!!  ...you blokes pay tax for your own labour spent on your own
plane - when it is a hobby?

    Nothing like that when your upside down down here!  We would have a
revolution if the gov't tried to introduce anything like that!


    Greg in Sydney.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: SlvEgl99@aol.com
      To: reflector@tvbf.org
      Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 3:20 AM
      Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:A TOUCHY SUBJECT!


      As I am a Florida resident and purchased the kit from Velocity, they
collected sales tax and orwarded it to the state. When questioned by the
state I submitted copies of the Velocity invoices and that took care of it.

      I think if I were from another state I would assign the value that I
paid for the kit and that would be fair. You would have invoices to support
that cost and you would not of course have to pay taxes on the "Value Added"
by your labor.

      If you buy a completed plane, I think you can not escape the fact that
the value is what you paid for it.

      This is not legal nor tax advice as I am not qualified to provide
either (grin).
      Bob Wood

--Boundary_(ID_qoxuRGrhFud72bt20qFvnQ)
Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=743325900-14062003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I 
think it is "no representation without taxation"&nbsp; but it sounds better when 
the govt. tells you it is the other way around.......</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma 
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> reflector-admin@tvbf.org 
  [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Tom 
  Martino<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, June 13, 2003 3:51 PM<BR><B>To:</B> 
  reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> RE: REFLECTOR:A TOUCHY 
  SUBJECT!<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=187294921-06062003>Our 
  country was founded on the slogan:&nbsp; "No taxation without 
  representation!"</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN 
  class=187294921-06062003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=187294921-06062003>Come 
  to think of it ... "Taxation <U>WITH</U> representation isn't much 
  better."</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma 
    size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Greg Poole 
    [mailto:gpoole@zeta.org.au]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, June 13, 2003 3:34 
    PM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:A 
    TOUCHY SUBJECT!<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#800000>What?!!&nbsp; ...you blokes pay tax for 
    your own labour spent on your own plane&nbsp;- when it is a 
    hobby?</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#800000></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#800000>Nothing like that when your upside down 
    down here!&nbsp; We would have a revolution if the gov't tried to introduce 
    anything like that!</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#800000></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#800000></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Greg in Sydney.</DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE 
    style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #800000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
      <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
      <DIV 
      style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> 
      <A title=SlvEgl99@aol.com 
      href="mailto:SlvEgl99@aol.com">SlvEgl99@aol.com</A> </DIV>
      <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=reflector@tvbf.org 
      href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
      <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, June 14, 2003 3:20 
      AM</DIV>
      <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:A TOUCHY 
      SUBJECT!</DIV>
      <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2 
      FAMILY="SANSSERIF">As I am a Florida resident and purchased the kit from 
      Velocity, they collected sales tax and orwarded it to the state. When 
      questioned by the state I submitted copies of the Velocity invoices and 
      that took care of it.<BR><BR>I think if I were from another state I would 
      assign the value that I paid for the kit and that would be fair. You would 
      have invoices to support that cost and you would not of course have to pay 
      taxes on the "Value Added" by your labor.<BR><BR>If you buy a completed 
      plane, I think you can not escape the fact that the value is what you paid 
      for it.<BR><BR>This is not legal nor tax advice as I am not qualified to 
      provide either (grin).<BR>Bob Wood</FONT> 
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_qoxuRGrhFud72bt20qFvnQ)--