REFLECTOR:A TOUCHY SUBJECT!

Tom Martino reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:50:49 -0600


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C331F5.DA27C0D2
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Our country was founded on the slogan:  "No taxation without =
representation!"
=20
Come to think of it ... "Taxation WITH representation isn't much =
better."

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Poole [mailto:gpoole@zeta.org.au]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 3:34 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:A TOUCHY SUBJECT!


What?!!  ...you blokes pay tax for your own labour spent on your own =
plane - when it is a hobby?
=20
Nothing like that when your upside down down here!  We would have a =
revolution if the gov't tried to introduce anything like that!
=20
=20
Greg in Sydney.

----- Original Message -----=20
From: SlvEgl99@aol.com=20
To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 3:20 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:A TOUCHY SUBJECT!

As I am a Florida resident and purchased the kit from Velocity, they =
collected sales tax and orwarded it to the state. When questioned by the =
state I submitted copies of the Velocity invoices and that took care of =
it.

I think if I were from another state I would assign the value that I =
paid for the kit and that would be fair. You would have invoices to =
support that cost and you would not of course have to pay taxes on the =
"Value Added" by your labor.

If you buy a completed plane, I think you can not escape the fact that =
the value is what you paid for it.

This is not legal nor tax advice as I am not qualified to provide either =
(grin).
Bob Wood=20


------_=_NextPart_001_01C331F5.DA27C0D2
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">


<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.3502.5390" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D187294921-06062003>Our=20
country was founded on the slogan:&nbsp; "No taxation without=20
representation!"</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D187294921-06062003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D187294921-06062003>Come=20
to think of it ... "Taxation <U>WITH</U> representation isn't much=20
better."</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV align=3Dleft class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Greg Poole=20
  [mailto:gpoole@zeta.org.au]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, June 13, 2003 3:34 =

  PM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:A =
TOUCHY=20
  SUBJECT!<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#800000 face=3DArial>What?!!&nbsp; ...you blokes =
pay tax for=20
  your own labour spent on your own plane&nbsp;- when it is a=20
hobby?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#800000 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#800000 face=3DArial>Nothing like that when your =
upside down=20
  down here!&nbsp; We would have a revolution if the gov't tried to =
introduce=20
  anything like that!</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#800000 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#800000 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Greg in Sydney.</DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #800000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
    <A href=3D"mailto:SlvEgl99@aol.com"=20
    title=3DSlvEgl99@aol.com>SlvEgl99@aol.com</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org"=20
    title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org>reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, June 14, 2003 =
3:20=20
    AM</DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:A =
TOUCHY=20
    SUBJECT!</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT face=3DArial =
lang=3D0 size=3D2=20
    FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">As I am a Florida resident and purchased the =
kit from=20
    Velocity, they collected sales tax and orwarded it to the state. =
When=20
    questioned by the state I submitted copies of the Velocity invoices =
and that=20
    took care of it.<BR><BR>I think if I were from another state I would =
assign=20
    the value that I paid for the kit and that would be fair. You would =
have=20
    invoices to support that cost and you would not of course have to =
pay taxes=20
    on the "Value Added" by your labor.<BR><BR>If you buy a completed =
plane, I=20
    think you can not escape the fact that the value is what you paid =
for=20
    it.<BR><BR>This is not legal nor tax advice as I am not qualified to =
provide=20
    either (grin).<BR>Bob Wood</FONT>=20
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C331F5.DA27C0D2--