REFLECTOR:Balancer

Wayne Owens reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 17:26:20 -0400


I lost lock once when the prop pitch changed to a severe angle. With the IVO
in flat pitch it has never been a problem. Is your propeller white? Maybe
white to retroreflective  tape is not enough contrast. So far I have
balanced my Velocity with an IVO, a C182, my nose wheel and a demonstrator
with a 8 inch blade.

A friend of mine  (we both bought one) who has balanced several props
including a couple of Cessnas, a Protec pt2,a Velocity, a Bonanza and  a
twin said he had trouble with distinguishing some silver duct tape. He was
using the tape as a test weight.

I'm really sorry to hear its not working for you. Does your reflective tape
have the  honeycomb pattern?

Wayne Owens 770 333-1578 h
                        770 361 3679 c

> I got my balancer with the "big purchase" late last year and have yet to
get
> a reliable readout from it.  It looses it's lock on the RPM above 1300.  I
> went so far as to make brackets for the optical sensor for both my
Velocity and
> C-172 with no luck.  It has been back twice to Vibetech with no change.
> Vibetec says it checks out fine on the bench.  It also eats a battery if I
leave it
> installed for a couple weeks, even though it goes to sleep after 3
minuets.
> This is not right.  I even sent JPEG photos of my installation and the
brackets
> I made.  Norman said the installation is far superior than necessary.
They
> are reluctant to replace it with a different unit.  So far, it has been a
waste
> of $900 bucks and a lot of my time(far more than $900 at my rate;-).  I
have
> tried it on 4 different aircraft, twice.
>
> TEC.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>