REFLECTOR:Drawing the "short straw"

KeithHallsten reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:11:24 -0700


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C35544.6BB88DE0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Greg,

I realize your post was tongue-in-cheek, but:
=20
I tried straws from McDonald's, Wendys, Burger King and In 'n Out =
Burger, but they were all too large in diameter for a nice slip fit on =
the nylaflow tubing.  Then I found that Subway Sandwiches had straws =
that were "just right"!  I used a little vinyl tape to join them =
end-to-end and keep the epoxy out and glassed them onto the back of the =
gear legs in a most aerodynamic way!

Keith

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Greg Poole=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 3:50 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR:Drawing the "short straw"


  Bob; I trust you did a quality tests (please share your findings) =
between straws from McD's and Burger King as well before you settled on =
Wendy's! ....but then, we are building "experimental" aren't we?

  Greg in Sydney

    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: SlvEgl99@aol.com=20
    To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
    Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 5:10 AM
    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:(no subject)


    I took soda straws I stole from Wendy's and run the line through =
them. I hot glued the straws to the gear legs and then buried them in =
micro and sanded it  to conform to the leg. Not noticable, but one can =
pull the lines out if they need replacing, etc.

    Bob Wood 
------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C35544.6BB88DE0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"COLOR: #800000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Greg,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I realize your post was =
tongue-in-cheek,=20
but:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I tried straws from McDonald's, =
Wendys, Burger=20
King and In 'n Out Burger, but they were all too large in diameter for a =
nice=20
slip fit on the nylaflow tubing.&nbsp; Then I found that Subway =
Sandwiches had=20
straws that were "just right"!&nbsp; I used a little vinyl tape to join =
them=20
end-to-end and keep the epoxy out and glassed them onto the back of the =
gear=20
legs in a most aerodynamic way!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Keith</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dgpoole@zeta.org.au href=3D"mailto:gpoole@zeta.org.au">Greg =
Poole</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, July 28, 2003 =
3:50 PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Drawing the =
"short=20
  straw"</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT><FONT color=3D#000000=20
  size=3D2></FONT><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Bob; I trust you did a quality tests (please share your findings) =
between=20
  straws from McD's and Burger King as well before you settled on =
Wendy's!=20
  ....but then, we are building "experimental" aren't we?</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Greg in Sydney<BR></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #800000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
    <A title=3DSlvEgl99@aol.com=20
    href=3D"mailto:SlvEgl99@aol.com">SlvEgl99@aol.com</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
    href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, July 29, 2003 =
5:10=20
    AM</DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:(no=20
    subject)</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 =
face=3DArial size=3D2=20
    FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">I took soda straws I stole from Wendy's and run =
the line=20
    through them. I hot glued the straws to the gear legs and then =
buried them=20
    in micro and sanded it&nbsp; to conform to the leg. Not noticable, =
but one=20
    can pull the lines out if they need replacing, etc.<BR><BR>Bob =
Wood</FONT>=20
    </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C35544.6BB88DE0--