REFLECTOR:Low fuel light
Rene Dugas
reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:00:34 -0500
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C35144.50610F30
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Thanks Jack,
I felt that maybe the boundary layer was causing a vacuum allowing air
to enter the sump but not the tanks. I don not want to over pressure my
tanks and rupture them at high pressures. I can splice a gage into the
line but wanted to glean info from the informed (flying) few. Since all
three tanks are connected to the manifold I remain perplexed. Thanks
for the info on the Vision. Two engine builders told me significant
fluctuations with the engine pump are common but no pressure numbers
were available. I talked to Lycoming. He air might be in the line but
I don't see how. Thanks
Rene'
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Jack Sheehan
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 4:35 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Low fuel light
Rene'
I can not say much about the low fuel light except that I have not had
that on my XL-RG and I am not extending the vent. Mine is as you
described in the plumbing except the vent line under the belly is cut
off almost flush with the fuselage. I have tested my sump warning light
durin the test flight period by getting pretty low on fuel and then
pushing the nose over and maintain a dive for enough time for the sump
light to start to flicker The low pressure warning from the VM1000 is a
common indication. I have spoken with Vision micro about it and the good
news is the VM1000 is working fine and the bad news is the lack of
pressure is real. it is the way the lycoming pump works and if you have
an analog system with low sensitivity you never see it. They have sent
me a snubber to install in the sensor line which will in theory reduce
thesensitivity. ther is a similar snubber device in the manifold
pressure system. I will let you know when I get some free time to
install it.
Jack
N55XL
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C35144.50610F30
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<html>
<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">
<title>Re: REFLECTOR:Low fuel light</title>
<style>
<!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:Tahoma;
panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:purple;
text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
{font-family:Arial;
color:navy;}
@page Section1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>
</head>
<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>
<div class=3DSection1>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Thanks Jack,</span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I felt that maybe the boundary =
layer was
causing a vacuum allowing air to enter the sump but not the tanks. =
I don
not want to over pressure my tanks and rupture them at high =
pressures. I
can splice a gage into the line but wanted to glean info from the =
informed
(flying) few. Since all three tanks are connected to the manifold =
I
remain perplexed. Thanks for the info on the Vision. Two =
engine
builders told me significant fluctuations with the engine pump are =
common but
no pressure numbers were available. I talked to Lycoming. He =
air
might be in the line but I don’t see how. Thanks =
</span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Rene’</span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'> </span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DTahoma><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>-----Original =
Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] <b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>On =
Behalf
Of </span></b>Jack Sheehan<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Wednesday, July 23, =
2003
4:35 PM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> =
reflector@tvbf.org<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> Re: =
REFLECTOR:Low fuel
light</span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'> </span></font></p>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
color=3D"#663333"
face=3D"Trebuchet MS"><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
color:#663333'>Rene'</span></font></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
color=3D"#663333"
face=3D"Trebuchet MS"><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
color:#663333'>I can not say much about the low fuel light except that I =
have
not had that on my XL-RG and I am not extending the vent. Mine is as you
described in the plumbing except the vent line under the belly is cut =
off
almost flush with the fuselage. I have tested my sump warning light =
durin the
test flight period by getting pretty low on fuel and then pushing the =
nose over
and maintain a dive for enough time for the sump light to start to =
flicker The
low pressure warning from the VM1000 is a common indication. I have =
spoken with
Vision micro about it and the good news is the VM1000 is working fine =
and the
bad news is the lack of pressure is real. it is the way the lycoming =
pump works
and if you have an analog system with low sensitivity you never see it. =
They
have sent me a snubber to install in the sensor line which will in =
theory
reduce thesensitivity. ther is a similar snubber device in the manifold
pressure system. I will let you know when I get some free time to =
install it.</span></font></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
color=3D"#663333"
face=3D"Trebuchet MS"><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
color:#663333'>Jack</span></font></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
color=3D"#663333"
face=3D"Trebuchet MS"><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
color:#663333'>N55XL</span></font></p>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C35144.50610F30--