REFLECTOR:Moving the non-flying Velocity
John Dibble
reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:09:52 -0400
--------------4AC4C1E8D839C321D17C671F
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Jeff,
Two years ago I sold a kit with spar attached. The buyer was concerned
about the width, but when he contacted authorities, it turned out that
moving a wide load was not a big deal.
John
Jeffrey Clough wrote:
> Ok...I give up....I will never complete my Velocity 173 RG as long as
> it is in a hangar in Colorado and I live in Alaska...soooooo...I am
> going down to put it on trailer and truck it 3500 miles to my house
> here in AK.......wide load and all...I am wondering...if I gut it and
> remove the engine and mount if I can move it like a rocket on the
> launch pad in an upright position.....was thinking of building a 'box'
> out of 2x10 lumber to 'mount' on the firewall engine mount holes and
> setting the Velocity fuselage upright on that and strapping the 'box'
> and gear down to the trailer for the long haul..thus no wide load
> problems.... Does anyone have any idea if the firewall can take the
> stresses of this road trip? I BELIEVE it can but do not know....
> Moving it ...one way or the other, THANX Jeff Clough
--------------4AC4C1E8D839C321D17C671F
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<html>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" style="COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">
Jeff,
<p>Two years ago I sold a kit with spar attached. The buyer was concerned
about the width, but when he contacted authorities, it turned out that
moving a wide load was not a big deal.
<p>John
<p>Jeffrey Clough wrote:
<blockquote TYPE=CITE><style></style>
<b><font size=+1>Ok...I give up....I
will never complete my Velocity 173 RG as long as it is in a hangar in
Colorado and I live in Alaska...soooooo...I am going down to put it on
trailer and truck it 3500 miles to my house here in AK.......wide load
and all...I am wondering...if I gut it and remove the engine and mount
if I can move it like a rocket on the launch pad in an upright position.....was
thinking of building a 'box' out of 2x10 lumber to 'mount' on the firewall
engine mount holes and setting the Velocity fuselage upright on that and
strapping the 'box' and gear down to the trailer for the long haul..thus
no wide load problems....</font></b><b><font size=+1> Does anyone
have any idea if the firewall can take the stresses of this road trip?
I BELIEVE it can but do not know.... Moving it ...one way or the other,
THANX Jeff Clough</font></b></blockquote>
</body>
</html>
--------------4AC4C1E8D839C321D17C671F--