REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:05:48 -0400


Scott,

Thanks.  I thought I would have to get closer.  Glad I don't have to.  Were you able to pick up the signal
through the insulated wire, or did you have to insert something more conductive?

John

Scott Derrick wrote:

> John,
>
> I painted a white lines on the flywheel and quick epoxy'd a little white
> stick on the case that stuck out towards the flywheel.
>
> Chocked the plane and had a friend I trusted sit in the plane with the
> brakes on.
>
> Then I just stood in front of the strake(at the joining line to the
> wing) on a small step ladder, leaned towards the engine and pointed the
> gun at the flywheel. The white lines light up real well. from 4 or 5
> feet away.
>
> Scott