REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:39:32 -0600


John,

I painted a white lines on the flywheel and quick epoxy'd a little white 
stick on the case that stuck out towards the flywheel.

Chocked the plane and had a friend I trusted sit in the plane with the 
brakes on.

Then I just stood in front of the strake(at the joining line to the 
wing) on a small step ladder, leaned towards the engine and pointed the 
gun at the flywheel. The white lines light up real well. from 4 or 5 
feet away.

Scott

John Dibble wrote:
> I'll give the light a try.  Any suggestions on how to do this safely?  The mark is at the top of the
> engine case.
> 
> John
> 
> Scott Derrick wrote:
> 
> 
>>Rose must have some way of timing it?
>>
>>Any induction type timing light will work?? How could it not?  You just
>>clip the inductor over the plug wire, connect up your power(battery) and
>>that's it?  It works with any spark plug wire, it doesn't matter if it
>>powered by a mag, mechanical distributor or an EI.
>>
>>I know the engine must be running to do this which is a drag, but its
>>doable.
>>
>>Scott
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>