REFLECTOR:Re:TruTrak Auto Pilots

S Baker reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 19:24:21 -0400


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C3432B.091DABA0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

By the way, Velocity is a dealer for TruTrak.  Order through the factory =
and save a few $$ off of the TruTrak price.
Scott B.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Chris Martin=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 11:17 AM
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Re:TruTrak Auto Pilots


  Pete,

  The price I quoted was from the TruTrak web site. The digiflight 200 =
vs is $4575 plus 375 for GPS steering total of 4950.

  http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/index.html

  Chris




    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From:=20
    To: reflector@tvbf.org
    Sent: 7/5/2003 6:49:07 AM=20
    Subject: REFLECTOR:Re:TruTrak Auto Pilots


    I am also considering TruTrak.  Where did you get the price of =
$4950?  The last time I checked, it was much higher for the 2-axis =
version.  They were at about $7500 [street price?] 2 years ago, then =
raised the price to about $9000.  Maybe there's a discount price? =20

    Pete Beaty
    RG-E a-buildin'
      ----- Original Message -----=20
      From: Chris Martin=20
      To: reflector=20
      Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 9:07 PM
      Subject: REFLECTOR:TruTrak Auto Pilots



      I have been flying with the Navaid wing leveler for 340 hours. =
Works great as a wing leveler and for tracking the GPS. I am, however,  =
interested in doing more IFR flying and feel it would be a good idea to =
switch over to a  2 axis auto pilot with GPS steering, pitch control, =
altitude hold and vertical speed select. I have been looking at the =
TruTrak equipment.=20

      http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/index.html

      Anyone have any experience with this equipment. At the minimum I =
could add a altitude hold system for $1495. That would be a nice option =
and takes no panel space other than a 3/" hole for the on/off button and =
I could leave the Navaid in place. On the other had, I could sell the =
Navaid for probably $1000 and go to a full auto pilot like the TruTrak =
200vs with GPS steering for $4950. Net cost after sale of Navaid about =
$4000.

      What is the opinion of the "Great Reflector Collective".=20

      And by the way. I had a very nice flight today. The Trans Pac =
Race, Los Angeles to Hawaii, left LA harbor at 1 PM today and I went out =
and photographed the 60 boat fleet as they approached Santa Catalina =
Island on their way out to sea. An absolutely beautiful scene on a  =
beautiful day......  I love flying my Velocity XL RG!

      Happy 4th of July to all..... God Bless America.

      Chris Martin

      Velocity XL RG


      ---=20
      --- christophercmartin@earthlink.net
      --- EarthLink: It's your Internet.


      _______________________________________________ To change your =
email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector =
Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose=20
  _______________________________________________ To change your email =
address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the =
gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose 
------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C3432B.091DABA0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML style=3D"FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>By the way, Velocity is a dealer for =
TruTrak.&nbsp; Order=20
through the factory and save a few $$ off of the TruTrak =
price.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Scott B.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dchristophercmartin@earthlink.net=20
  href=3D"mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net">Chris Martin</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, July 05, 2003 =
11:17=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: =
REFLECTOR:Re:TruTrak Auto=20
  Pilots</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Pete,</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>The price I quoted was from the TruTrak web site. The digiflight =
200 vs=20
  is $4575 plus 375 for GPS steering total of 4950.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/index.html">http://www.trutra=
kflightsystems.com/index.html</A></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Chris</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid">
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
    <A title=3Dbeatyp@attglobal.net =
href=3D"mailto:beatyp@attglobal.net"></A></DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To: </B><A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
    href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A></DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> 7/5/2003 6:49:07 AM =
</DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Re:TruTrak =
Auto=20
    Pilots</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT size=3D2>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I am also considering TruTrak.&nbsp; Where =
did you get=20
    the price of $4950?&nbsp; The last time I checked, it was much =
higher for=20
    the 2-axis version.&nbsp; They were at about $7500 [street price?] 2 =
years=20
    ago, then raised the price to about $9000.&nbsp; Maybe there's a =
discount=20
    price?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Pete Beaty</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>RG-E a-buildin'</FONT></DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE=20
    style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- =
</DIV>
      <DIV=20
      style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
      <A title=3Dchristophercmartin@earthlink.net=20
      href=3D"mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net">Chris Martin</A> =
</DIV>
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
      href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector</A> </DIV>
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, July 04, 2003 =
9:07=20
      PM</DIV>
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:TruTrak =
Auto=20
      Pilots</DIV>
      <DIV><BR></DIV>
      <P>
      <DIV>I have been flying with the Navaid wing leveler for 340 =
hours. Works=20
      great as a wing leveler and for tracking the GPS. I am, however,=20
      &nbsp;interested in doing more IFR flying and feel it would be a =
good idea=20
      to switch over to a&nbsp; 2 axis auto pilot with GPS steering, =
pitch=20
      control, altitude hold and vertical speed select. I have been =
looking at=20
      the TruTrak equipment. </DIV>
      <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV><A=20
      =
href=3D"http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/index.html">http://www.trutra=
kflightsystems.com/index.html</A></DIV>
      <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV>Anyone have any experience with this equipment. At the =
minimum I=20
      could add a altitude hold system for $1495. That would be a nice =
option=20
      and takes no panel space other than a 3/" hole for the on/off =
button and I=20
      could leave the Navaid in place. On the other had, I could sell =
the Navaid=20
      for probably $1000 and go to a full auto pilot like the TruTrak =
200vs with=20
      GPS steering for $4950. Net cost after sale of Navaid about =
$4000.</DIV>
      <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV>What is the opinion of the "Great Reflector Collective". =
</DIV>
      <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV>And by the way. I had a very nice flight today. The Trans Pac =
Race,=20
      Los Angeles to Hawaii, left LA harbor at 1 PM today and I went out =
and=20
      photographed the 60 boat fleet as they approached Santa Catalina =
Island on=20
      their way out to sea. An absolutely beautiful scene on a =
&nbsp;beautiful=20
      day...... &nbsp;I love flying my Velocity XL RG!</DIV>
      <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV>Happy 4th of July to all..... God Bless America.</DIV>
      <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV>Chris Martin</DIV>
      <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV>Velocity XL RG</DIV>
      <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV>--- </DIV>
      <DIV>--- <A=20
      =
href=3D"mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net">christophercmartin@earth=
link.net</A></DIV>
      <DIV>--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.</DIV>
      <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <P></P>_______________________________________________ To change =
your=20
      email address, visit =
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit=20
      the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose=20
  =
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>________________________________________=
_______=20
  To change your email address, visit=20
  http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery!=20
  tvbf:jamaicangoose </BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C3432B.091DABA0--