REFLECTOR:Re:TruTrak Auto Pilots
Chris Martin
reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 08:17:20 -0700
<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>Pete,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>The price I quoted was from the TruTrak web site. The digiflight 200 vs is $4575 plus 375 for GPS steering total of 4950.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/index.html">http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/index.html</A></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Chris</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid">
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=beatyp@attglobal.net href="mailto:beatyp@attglobal.net"></A></DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To: </B><A title=reflector@tvbf.org href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A></DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> 7/5/2003 6:49:07 AM </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Re:TruTrak Auto Pilots</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV><FONT size=2>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>I am also considering TruTrak. Where did you get the price of $4950? The last time I checked, it was much higher for the 2-axis version. They were at about $7500 [street price?] 2 years ago, then raised the price to about $9000. Maybe there's a discount price? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>Pete Beaty</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>RG-E a-buildin'</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=christophercmartin@earthlink.net href="mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net">Chris Martin</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=reflector@tvbf.org href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, July 04, 2003 9:07 PM</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:TruTrak Auto Pilots</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<P>
<DIV>I have been flying with the Navaid wing leveler for 340 hours. Works great as a wing leveler and for tracking the GPS. I am, however, interested in doing more IFR flying and feel it would be a good idea to switch over to a 2 axis auto pilot with GPS steering, pitch control, altitude hold and vertical speed select. I have been looking at the TruTrak equipment. </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/index.html">http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/index.html</A></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Anyone have any experience with this equipment. At the minimum I could add a altitude hold system for $1495. That would be a nice option and takes no panel space other than a 3/" hole for the on/off button and I could leave the Navaid in place. On the other had, I could sell the Navaid for probably $1000 and go to a full auto pilot like the TruTrak 200vs with GPS steering for $4950. Net cost after sale of Navaid about $4000.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>What is the opinion of the "Great Reflector Collective". </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>And by the way. I had a very nice flight today. The Trans Pac Race, Los Angeles to Hawaii, left LA harbor at 1 PM today and I went out and photographed the 60 boat fleet as they approached Santa Catalina Island on their way out to sea. An absolutely beautiful scene on a beautiful day...... I love flying my Velocity XL RG!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Happy 4th of July to all..... God Bless America.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Chris Martin</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Velocity XL RG</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>--- </DIV>
<DIV>--- <A href="mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net">christophercmartin@earthlink.net</A></DIV>
<DIV>--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<P></P>_______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>