REFLECTOR:Cowl fasteners

Robin Ream reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:59:31 -0600


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3C484.77250D70
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

How many of these do you think it will take to do a good job on the =
cowl?

Robin
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Brian Michalk=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 9:28 AM
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Cowl fasteners


  I'm going with www.skybolt.com

  Look at the CLoc fasteners on the left.  They are pricey at about $10 =
per fastener assembly, but I'm convinced they are worth it.  I've talked =
to people who just finished their Velocity, and a major complaint is =
that in the beginning, due to inspections or repairs, it is tedious to =
continuously remove and reinstall the cowl.  I would consider something =
like this a safety item.  I'm lazy, if I am going to have a hard time to =
get in and inspect something, I may defer it till later.

  I spoke to them and examined the product at Sun n Fun.  Looks good.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On =
Behalf Of Al Gietzen
    Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 9:10 AM
    To: reflector
    Subject: REFLECTOR:Cowl fasteners


    Before I install butterfly nuts for countersunk screws; has someone =
found a good cam-lock type fastener that only requires a 90 degree =
twist, that works well for our application? - and looks good?



    Al





------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3C484.77250D70
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE>@font-face {
	font-family: Verdana;
}
P.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
LI.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
DIV.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
A:link {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
A:visited {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.EmailStyle17 {
	FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-DECORATION: none
}
DIV.Section1 {
	page: Section1
}
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY lang=3DEN-US vLink=3Dpurple link=3Dblue bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>How many of these do you think it will take to do a good job on the =

cowl?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Robin</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dmichalk@awpi.com href=3D"mailto:michalk@awpi.com">Brian =
Michalk</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December 17, =
2003 9:28=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: REFLECTOR:Cowl=20
  fasteners</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D500332315-17122003>I'm=20
  going with <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.skybolt.com">www.skybolt.com</A></SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
  class=3D500332315-17122003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D500332315-17122003>Look=20
  at the CLoc fasteners on the left.&nbsp; They are pricey at about $10 =
per=20
  fastener assembly, but I'm convinced they are worth it.&nbsp; I've =
talked to=20
  people who just finished their Velocity, and a major complaint is that =
in the=20
  beginning, due to inspections or repairs, it is tedious to =
continuously remove=20
  and reinstall the cowl.&nbsp; I would consider something like this a =
safety=20
  item.&nbsp; I'm lazy, if I am going to have a hard time to get in and =
inspect=20
  something, I may defer it till later.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
  class=3D500332315-17122003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D500332315-17122003>I=20
  spoke to them and examined the product at Sun n Fun.&nbsp; Looks=20
  good.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px =
solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
    size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org=20
    [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Al=20
    Gietzen<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December 17, 2003 9:10 =
AM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
    reflector<BR><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Cowl =
fasteners<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
    <DIV class=3DSection1>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Before I install =
butterfly=20
    nuts for countersunk screws; has someone found a good cam-lock type =
fastener=20
    that only requires a 90 degree twist, that works well for our =
application? =96=20
    and looks good?</SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Verdana"></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Al</SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Verdana"></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Verdana"></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY><=
/HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3C484.77250D70--