REFLECTOR:Cowl fasteners

Brian Michalk reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:28:41 -0600


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C3C480.28CBAAC0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I'm going with www.skybolt.com

Look at the CLoc fasteners on the left.  They are pricey at about $10 per
fastener assembly, but I'm convinced they are worth it.  I've talked to
people who just finished their Velocity, and a major complaint is that in
the beginning, due to inspections or repairs, it is tedious to continuously
remove and reinstall the cowl.  I would consider something like this a
safety item.  I'm lazy, if I am going to have a hard time to get in and
inspect something, I may defer it till later.

I spoke to them and examined the product at Sun n Fun.  Looks good.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf
Of Al Gietzen
  Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 9:10 AM
  To: reflector
  Subject: REFLECTOR:Cowl fasteners


  Before I install butterfly nuts for countersunk screws; has someone found
a good cam-lock type fastener that only requires a 90 degree twist, that
works well for our application? – and looks good?



  Al






------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C3C480.28CBAAC0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE>@font-face {
	font-family: Verdana;
}
P.MsoNormal {
	FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt
}
LI.MsoNormal {
	FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt
}
DIV.MsoNormal {
	FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt
}
A:link {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
A:visited {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.EmailStyle17 {
	COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
FONT-WEIGHT: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: none
}
DIV.Section1 {
	page: Section1
}
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vLink=3Dpurple>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D500332315-17122003>I'm=20
going with <A=20
href=3D"http://www.skybolt.com">www.skybolt.com</A></SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D500332315-17122003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D500332315-17122003>Look=20
at the CLoc fasteners on the left.&nbsp; They are pricey at about $10 =
per=20
fastener assembly, but I'm convinced they are worth it.&nbsp; I've =
talked to=20
people who just finished their Velocity, and a major complaint is that =
in the=20
beginning, due to inspections or repairs, it is tedious to continuously =
remove=20
and reinstall the cowl.&nbsp; I would consider something like this a =
safety=20
item.&nbsp; I'm lazy, if I am going to have a hard time to get in and =
inspect=20
something, I may defer it till later.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D500332315-17122003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D500332315-17122003>I=20
spoke to them and examined the product at Sun n Fun.&nbsp; Looks=20
good.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: =
0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
  <DIV align=3Dleft class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org=20
  [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Al=20
  Gietzen<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December 17, 2003 9:10 =
AM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  reflector<BR><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Cowl =
fasteners<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
  <DIV class=3DSection1>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 11pt">Before I install =
butterfly nuts=20
  for countersunk screws; has someone found a good cam-lock type =
fastener that=20
  only requires a 90 degree twist, that works well for our application? =
&#8211; and=20
  looks good?</SPAN></FONT></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: =
11pt">&nbsp;</SPAN></FONT></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 11pt">Al</SPAN></FONT></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: =
11pt">&nbsp;</SPAN></FONT></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: =
11pt">&nbsp;</SPAN></FONT></P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C3C480.28CBAAC0--