REFLECTOR:Manifold Pressure

Brian Michalk reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:11:20 -0600


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_005E_01C3B825.C1FEAE20
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

In your Franklin manual, under "Operating Limitations", there is a max
manifold pressure/inlet temperature listed.
In the case of the Franklin, it is limited by detonation, not power.  The
crank/cylinder heads in the old Franklin are the same as in their (out of
production) turbocharged version ... I can't remember the power figures, but
they were definately more than 220HP, I seem to recall closer to 300
horsepower.  The only difference (according to Heinly, now deceased) is the
substitution of low compression pistons.

He said the crank, cylinders and pistons were well up to the task.

I'm not willing to try it though.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf
Of MMurp16900@aol.com
  Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 3:14 PM
  To: reflector@tvbf.org
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Manifold Pressure


  I have herd that on very cold days in Alaska with density altitudes below
sea level it is possible to over boost a normally aspirated engine.But not
at 29 inches.
  Mack


------=_NextPart_000_005E_01C3B825.C1FEAE20
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: =
10pt">
<DIV><SPAN class=3D540200422-01122003>In your Franklin manual, under =
"Operating=20
Limitations", there is a max manifold pressure/inlet temperature=20
listed.</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D540200422-01122003>In the case of the Franklin, it is =
limited=20
by detonation, not power.&nbsp; The crank/cylinder heads in the old =
Franklin are=20
the same as in their (out of production) turbocharged version ... I =
can't=20
remember the power figures, but they were definately more than 220HP, I =
seem to=20
recall closer to 300 horsepower.&nbsp; The only difference (according to =
Heinly,=20
now deceased) is the substitution of low compression =
pistons.</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D540200422-01122003>He said the crank, cylinders and =
pistons=20
were well up to the task.&nbsp; </SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D540200422-01122003></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D540200422-01122003>I'm not willing to try it=20
though.</SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: =
0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
  <DIV align=3Dleft class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr><FONT=20
  face=3DTahoma>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf =
Of=20
  </B>MMurp16900@aol.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Monday, December 01, 2003 3:14=20
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: =
REFLECTOR:Manifold=20
  Pressure<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
  <DIV><EM><FONT color=3D#0000ff>I have herd that on very cold days in =
Alaska with=20
  density altitudes below sea level it is possible to over boost a =
normally=20
  aspirated engine.But not at 29 inches.</FONT></EM></DIV>
  <DIV><EM><FONT color=3D#0000ff>Mack</FONT></EM></DIV>
  <DIV><EM><FONT =
color=3D#0000ff></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005E_01C3B825.C1FEAE20--